Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Sight in from the ground or tree?

Old 10-14-2003, 02:18 PM

Default Sight in from the ground or tree?

I sight my bow in from the ground. Some people sight in from a tree stand. What is the best compromise here? I bend at the waist when shooting from a stand and it seems to work well but sometimes I don' t always hit where I would from the ground. What do you guys do and how can I assure my accuracy from the ground as well as the stand?
Old 10-14-2003, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sight in from the ground or tree?

Sight in from ground, then practice practice practice from the tree. When in a tree, use the distance from the base of the tree to the target when choosing your pin or shot distance. Then make sure you bend from the waist, and don' t drop your bow arm at the shot, follow through is even more important from a tree...
Old 10-14-2003, 07:19 PM

Default RE: Sight in from the ground or tree?

hey

i sight my bow in from the ground cause i target shoot ova the summer on 3-D' s, but when it comes time to hunt. I spend 3 days a week in a 15 ft. ladder stand to make sure that my bow shoots the same in a tree and on the ground. But somtimes i have found that i shoot high when shooting from a treestand. So i sight in my bow for treestand hunting cause i hunt of of one 99.9% of the time.

but thats just me ......

REMEMBER....PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT.