Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Rests?

Old 10-13-2003, 08:33 AM

Default Rests?

Currently using a NAP 3000 Quik Tune prong rest, what' s the best rests for accurate 3-D and indoor target shooting?
Old 10-13-2003, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rests?

Hit what you aim at?

Sorry to be a smart #%$, but I' m not clear on exactly what you are asking...
Old 10-13-2003, 08:43 AM

Just want to know what the experienced ( 3-D, Target )shooters are using for an arrow rest. ( I am a rookie )
I am pretty happy with my set up... but I am always looking for something better.
Old 10-13-2003, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Alot of 3d/target guys use the GKF premeir rest . Its a quality built micro adjust rest that does not have alot of moveing parts , or strings attached . This is what most target guys are looking for simple and tryed and true .
Old 10-13-2003, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

The rest you are currently using is good enough for Dave Cousins, who happens to be the # 1 Ranked archer in the world.

I see no need for you to switch, but if you did a GKF Infinity/Premier a Pro_tuner, or a Cavalier Sillhouette would all be fine choices.
Old 10-13-2003, 10:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

A lot of 3d shooters are also using BoDoodle rests either the Pro Lite or the 500 series.

I personally use the MZE

But as Jeff said there is nothing wrong with your current rest.
Old 10-13-2003, 10:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Edited- Didn' t mean to thread jack. Will post a new thread.
Old 10-14-2003, 07:23 PM

hi

i think that you have the same rest as i do ( is it the model with the micro adjustments and stuff) if so when you purchased it it should have come with a target prong. i put that on my bow during the summer cause i shoot 3-d targets alot. and i found that that setup works as well as ne rest that i' ve seen on any of my archery buddies bows

Old 10-15-2003, 06:18 AM

I ordered my latest rest from 3Dshoots.com( good service from them ), when I got it , it came with a cable slide... something I didn' t want or need. I have emailed NAP and have asked for the Lizard Tongue launcher that was advertised to come with the rest... but no response from them. I own and use a 1000 and 3000 QT rest, also a 4000 Drop-Away, shoot Thunderheads...... I thought that they would take care of me, but so far no luck. Currently shoot a Hoyt and 2 BowTechs. Thinking of trying a GKF Infinity.
Old 10-15-2003, 07:32 PM

Really happy with my TKO dropaway.

Bullet Proof rest but lightweight with precise adjustments.
I like how it can be switched to a springloaded rest if you like in secondsand back again.but as a dropaway it is so smooth and well made.

Quick Reply: Rests?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.