Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

What can you tell me about this bow?

Old 02-01-2002, 06:24 AM

Default What can you tell me about this bow?

I'm considering a new bow for the upcoming season and was wondering if anyone had some insight on a Peason Accu-Max.

Peason was recommended by someone on this forum as a company that offer some very quiet bows with high brace heights. Just what I'm looking for, so I took a look. The Accu-Max has a 9" brace height, 36" ATA, deflex riser, twin-track idler wheel, straight nock travel and a 288 IBO rating. I really like the brace height and the ATA, but not crazy about the split limbs. The IBO speed seems very reasonable for a 9" brace height.

I called a couple dealers in the area and found out the Accu-Max is discontinued for 2002. One shop has a few left at close-out prices. Actually about $200 less than suggested retail - sounds like a great deal. Before I go shoot the bow for myself, I thought someone might tell me if Peason seemed to produce bows using high quality components and tight tolerances. Any experiences shooting Peason bows would also be appreciated. Thanks,

Edited by - Straightarrow on 02/01/2002 07:39:14
Old 02-02-2002, 05:23 AM

Default RE: What can you tell me about this bow?

Just a bump to the front page for one more try.
Old 02-02-2002, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

SA,

If you do a search for "Bow Report" & "Diamondback" you can find my report on my pearson D-Back as well as a follow up..

I belive the original report was in April 2001 and the follow up in May.

JeffB
Old 02-02-2002, 09:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Straightarrow, I have not shot the Accumax, but I own the 440 Quad and did own it's kissing cousin, the McPherson SoloLite. They are very good bows. Tight tolerances, well made, very well finished.

Pearson/McPherson uses the dual track idler like Hoyt just came out with. In fact, they had it a year before Hoyt did.

They also use a post feed system. The cable rolls around a post onto the cam instead of wrapping around a tight curve on the cam. You do not get that annoying serving seperation like you do with other single cam bows.

They are light in the hand, but that light weight also means you'll feel a little shock and vibration. I consider LimbSavers a must.

Pearson bows are dead quiet with LimbSavers, easy to tune and they are very accurate. At least for me. Their split limbs are really skinny, but I've had no problems with either of the bows I've had that use those limbs.

Go shoot one and see what you think.
Old 02-02-2002, 10:56 AM

This years Mark X11 is pretty much the same thing as the accumax, just improved.
Old 02-02-2002, 12:35 PM

Jeff,

Very good bow report. The thing you mentioned that I may not like is the not-so-solid wall. When comparing my Martin to my brothers SQ2, I really preferred the more solid wall his Mathews had.

Ky-bowhunter,

The only thing I don't like about the new models is the advertised 87% letoff. Seems like I'd be holding almost nothing which may affect my accuracy. Have to think about that one.

Thanks for everyone's input.