Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Apple bow presses, which one???????

Old 10-12-2003, 08:56 PM

Default Apple bow presses, which one???????

Will a Apple Hercules Comp press (#0290) work for a bow as short as 31" ATA such as a HavocTec ? Will it work for a bow as long as 38" ATA such as a ProTec ? is there any Apple bow press that covers the extreme ends of bow lengths? I know Hoyts are supposed to be pressed in the limb pockets not on the risers, I' m hoping the Hercules Comp press has enough adjustability to cover the two different styles. Is the Pro Comp (#0442) a better choice ? Thanks guys, chadinmi
Old 10-13-2003, 09:04 AM

Default RE: Apple bow presses, which one???????

I have the the pro-herc. and it works fine on the Mathews Q2 and Bowtech twin pat. I also used it on some larger AtoA bows with no trouble. I believe the biggest problem with some presses is the ability to handle the more vertical limb bows that are out there. If money is not an issue than the pro-herc is the way to go.
Polack
Old 10-13-2003, 10:34 AM

Default RE: Apple bow presses, which one???????

Thanks polack, thats the one I was thinking would be the best for me. Cheapest I' ve found it is $270 at Keystone, do you know of any other place cheaper?