Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Where is your Focus?

Old 10-13-2003, 01:10 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Where is your Focus?

I shoot with sights as well as instinctive, so all that seems to come into focus for me is the spot that i want to hit.
Also many eons ago my dad told me to never take your eye off the target. That resounds through my head constantly.
Old 10-13-2003, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I too shoot my best when I am clearly focused on the spot I want to hit, both eyes wide open. The smaller this spot is, the better I shoot.

I' ve even toyed with the idea of setting my sight pin to be just under the point of aim, just for alignment purposes, so there is nothing between the hair/spot and my eyes...

I' m too much of a wussie to give it a go this close to season as my bow is all ready to go.
Old 10-13-2003, 08:39 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Like most of you I focus on the target/spot and let the pin blur.
Old 10-13-2003, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I focus on the dot and the pin blurs very slightly for me. I only recently reallized that this was a more accurate way of shooting after starting it this year and gettingmy first robin hood....I shoot at individual dots now!
Old 10-13-2003, 02:33 PM

I keep both eyes open while shooting my bow and have never experienced a problem focusing on both pins and target. It is a difficult thing to do but you can definitely train your eye to do it. It just takes a while!!
Old 10-14-2003, 12:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

To give you an idea of what real focus is and how it effects the human mind , try this simple little test. Hold your right hand in the air and with your index finger pointing make clock-wise circles with your entire hand , while doing this , take your right foot and make counter clock-wise circles at the same time!

I find it much easier to focus on my intended target!
Old 10-14-2003, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like to focus on my target, whatever it may be. I still have my old glasses that work great for shooting. The script in my right lens is a little weak. This allows the pin to be pretty sharp, while my left eye focuses on the spot. Works for me.