Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Resale value?

Old 02-01-2002, 12:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Resale value?

Any experience out there in the used bow industry? Just curious what some of the more popular bows resale for after a season or two of use.
I've sifted through E-Bay, but it seems like more of a place to make some money off a bow rather than find a good deal on one.
I'm looking for resale values on mainly Mathews and Bowtech, but if you have any other knowledge of the resale on other brands, feel free to share them.
Old 02-01-2002, 12:58 AM

Default RE: Resale value?

You want to buy a used bow (at least that is the hypothetical basis for your question)?

It is really hard to say. My mathews dealer will put me in a new mathews if the old one is in good condition for about 150-200 US dollars, that means the second hand person isn't getting much of a deal, but he has sold bows of mine that are up to 3 years old on that basis, and in comp colours (he resprays). He sell new bows at full price, but it is worth it to me since he can flip the subsequent bows for much less than I can get in and out for. For a while there he could do just as good a job on Hoyt, and he could do a sort of a job on HCA. He has gone mostly totally Mathews in recent years.

If the dealer isn't that agressive, and the brand or model isn't that good, then the price you get is low. I couldn't scare up 150-200 Canadian even for a new out of the box Alphatech last year. The dealers told me they had simmilar bows on the wall for 300 Canadian and they wouldn't move out the store, people who wanted a big name bow wanted the new model. The Alpha is an old model bow, but it wouldn't have matered whether I was talking my virtualy new Feathermax. These guys just haven't put the effort into a secondary market, so they don't have one.

I think ebay is a great place to sell, but a risky place to buy, for this kind of stuff. Last year I saw second hand stuff on ebay sell for more than it could be purchased for new. That is to say below the MSRP, but above what the discounters would sell for. This happened more than once. For that you take the risk of being DK'd and of the bow having problems.
Old 02-01-2002, 08:11 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-01-2002, 08:22 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-01-2002, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've never really been a person to buy used stuff, but was more curious to see what I might be able to sell my bow for. I might toss it on e-bay and see what kind of response I get on it, or I might try and sell it locally.
Siskyou, haven't recieved your e-mail yet.
Thanks for the info guys.
Old 02-01-2002, 05:53 PM

A used bow is a tender subject with most guys. Pay a ton for the new product this year and tomorrow its outdated. For example: I bought my new Hoyt Vortec in August last year for 599. Sold it last week at the shop for 400 so I could buy the new cybertech. 400 for a bow,quiver, and rest that i had invested nearly $750 in a few months before. I guess its just how bad you want it...LOL
Old 02-01-2002, 11:41 PM

If what you want is to sell, then ebay is your best exit. You have to figure out what you need to do. For instance if the most you will get for the bow on a trade is say half its price, then don't put your minimum bid at that or way higher, unless you aren't serious about selling, and just what see what would happen if you ask the earth. Start below the level you will get on a trade etc... and let it rip, usualy you will get more interest that way, and that gets you a higher price, but there are no guarantees, worst case you can buy it yourself, and pay the fees on the sale. I think the best sales come from the highest mo. Right now ebay is slow, however.
Old 02-02-2002, 06:57 AM

Anything on Earth is only worth what someone else is willing to pay.

I just sold my Q2 on ebay. I started the bidding @ 450$ because all told with accessories the bow was worth well over $1000.00! I figured it would sell around $500.00. What a shocker to me when it ended up selling last night for $670.00. In reality it is still a good deal though! It truly is over $1000 worth, and someone saw the value.

I second the Ebay notion.......it will quickly find someone to buy your used goods.

>>>------Tony Virnoche------>>>
>>>---The Archery Program--->>>

Edited by - tribalscream on 02/02/2002 08:01:30
Old 02-02-2002, 08:37 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-02-2002, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

another question about this issue. Would it be worth my time to sell the bow with the accessories on? I've seen bows go for about $100 more with rest, sights, half dozen arrows, limb savers, peep sight, string silencers, string loop, extra string and cable, and a quiver. You can't tell me all those accessories ($100 quiver alone) totals less than a couple hundred dollars.

Is selling bare bow if you're happy with your current set up the way to go?

Quick Reply: Resale value?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.