Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Want to buy a new bow, help!!

Old 01-31-2002, 05:38 PM

Default Want to buy a new bow, help!!

I want to buy a new bow this year.I've heard of a bow made by Bear I think, it had a cam in the middle instead of the riser, does anyone have this bow or have you shot it.What does it cost?How fast is it?I'm open to suggestions.Do you know of a bow that is fast and won't kill you in the pocket book?Let me know of your experience.
Thanks

Raymond Rohrbeck
Old 01-31-2002, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Want to buy a new bow, help!!

There are tons of bows out there that are plenty fast enough and wont kill your wallet. I havent heard of the bear with a third cam. I would suggest looking at other companies though. PSE, Reflex, Hoyt, Mathews are just a few. They have some very nice bows that are economical as well. I shoot a Reflex single cam and really like it. It cost me 349 when I bought it.

Go to a couple of archery shops in your area and see what they have. Try a few out, and make the decision based on what you are looking for. I could tell you a bunch of bows, but they may not be for you. If you get one locally at a Pro shop, getting it serviced and making changes will be a whole lot easier also.

Hope I helped
Chris
Old 01-31-2002, 09:41 PM

Mathews FX, Reflex Bows, and some of the PSE's are priced nice & won't kill the pocket book. Champion has some great stuff, their Storm is a real nice bow & the price is hard to beat!
Old 01-31-2002, 09:57 PM

For a bow that is easy on the pocket book and great on the quality i highly suggest the Hoyt MT/sport. Speed around 280fps, very smooth and quiet. This bow can be packaged with rest,quiver,sight and all other accesories for under 400 bucks. With Hoyts new lifetime warranty it can't be beat to my opinion to get hoyt quality at more than affordable prices for a bow of hoyts quality.