Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hate to ask but...(string question)

Old 10-05-2003, 07:31 PM

Default Hate to ask but...(string question)

The other day when I was serving in my peep sight, I noticed a small piece of my string had seperated from the rest of it and was sticking out about 1/4" . I twisted it back around and put a " splint" on it with waxed dental floss. Do you think there is reason to worry or will it last the rest of our season? Then is also a small strand sticking out beneath the cable slide. I' m a little nervous to hear your reactions[&:].

Tyler
Old 10-06-2003, 05:47 AM

Default RE: Hate to ask but...(string question)

Tyler,

It sounds like you have a broken string. I highly recommend you do not shoot it before having a bow shop check it out. With a broken strand, a string can break at any time. Believe me, you don' t want this to happen. Chances are you need a new string.

-

-
Giant Nontypical

I have shot a month or so on a string I knew had one broken and one frayed strand in the string, but I sure can' t recommend doing that. For one thing, I shoot arrows that weigh from 7.5 to 10 grains per pound of draw weight and all my compounds are either energy wheels or very mild cams.

I imagine you' re shooting hard cam and light arrows, like most everyone else. Things that are minor aggravations on my bows are major problems, if not impending disasters, on that kind of setup.

Change the string ASAP.