Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

another hoyt problem

Old 10-04-2003, 01:07 PM

Default another hoyt problem

i posted it once about a cracked limb well it was a bad cam and bearings. the pro shop fixed it...... today i was shoting and a 3 inch splinter came out of the bottom limb!!!!![:@] took it to the pro shop here in ny and she said go ahead and hunt with it and in two weeks the new limb will be in!!!!!!!!! great servise, bad timing hope it will be streightin around for the rut here in ny!!!!! anybody else have this problem?????
Old 10-04-2003, 07:18 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: another hoyt problem

cant say i have had any problems with my razor tec. been shooting good. remember, everything is man made and we are not perfect. you may have got a lemon bow. hope you get it fixed.
Old 10-05-2003, 03:38 AM

Pro Shop or so called pro shop???? tell you what you do......
have her give you something in writing saying that since they are a " Pro shop" and know exactly what they are doing and since your bow only has a splinter in it they recommend that its safe for you to shoot and have em sign it - Then when your bow blows apart and you get injured youll have something to back you up in court to pay your hospital bills should you get injured.
DONT SHOOT IT TILL ITS FIXED !!!! and tell them there full of S#$T if they say its safe to shoot- they should know better.[:@]
Old 10-05-2003, 07:03 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry to hear about that. Hope it' s fixed fast. Since I (or others) haven' t seen where the splinter is I think I' d have to listen to those who did see it. I' m sure if they thought it was unsafe they would have told you. As with everything though it is up to you to decide what is best for you. (Unfortunately bad things do sometimes happen at the worst moments. We had a guy come into the shop that just got back from an elk hunt about 1 1/2 weeks ago. He was at full draw waiting for a bull to step out at about 20 yards and his top limb just broke about 4" above the limb bolt. Not much he could do back in the mountains.)
Old 10-06-2003, 06:47 AM

I have 3 hoyt bows, two of them cam.5 never have had a problem with limbs bearings or anything.
Old 10-07-2003, 08:49 AM

shoot the bow a couple times at a target and the slinter got bigger so i took it back and two weeks til the new limbs come in ... should i get rid of the bow or the limbs just defected.. the boy shoots great fast, quiet, and accuarate like to replys...
Old 10-07-2003, 09:56 AM

Since the 3/4" Hoyt limbs came out, I' ve NEVER seen one crack; and, we' ve sold about 500 of them. I did ask my Rep if he had ever seen a limb problem and he said " Yes, but they are rare" . I have also never seen a cam/bearing problem.

It appears that you probably should have bought that Legacy that you mentioned in another post. You' ve evidently been plagued with every problem imaginable when it comes to bows.
Old 10-07-2003, 10:36 AM

Hey, Len, I' m glad to see I' m not the only one checking for consistency from post to post.

I' m having " ryan" flashbacks from the old H.I.S. forum days...

onieda, I think you might be snakebit. Give up archery.
Old 10-07-2003, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Capstone:

He does sound somewhat like Ryan. He doesn' t seem quite as windy though.
Old 10-07-2003, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' m having " ryan" flashbacks from the old H.I.S. forum days...