Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Broad head help!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-03-2003, 06:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default Broad head help!!!!!!!!!

I shot my broad heads (muzzy 4 blade 95gr.) tonight for the first time. I have never practiced with them in the past. Now, in doing so I have encountered an accuracy problem. They are shooting low and to the left. What steps (if any) can I take to correct this problem?

I have 5 days before my first hunt to work on the problem.

Old 10-03-2003, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Broad head help!!!!!!!!!

How are the arrows with broadheads grouping? How do they seem to be flying? If the answer to both of those questions is pretty good to excellent, then (with only 5 days left) I would probably just move the sights to match the impact point of the broadheads.

I do think that it is usually possible to get broadheads to impact the same as field points, or at least pretty close. With some bows, it can take some doing though. and it can get frustrating enough that you won' t be doing yourself any favors in terms of shooting confidence.

If your broadheads are not grouping well, or the arrows do not seem to fly straight to the target, then you should check for fletch contact. If you have no contact, then the rest may need to be moved to the right a little bit, and maybe the nocking point be moved down (of the rest up, if it is adjustable).

You don' t have much time, and I personally don' t like to make last minute changes to my setup. You might want to shoot while a friend watches you to see how the arrows seem to fly on the way to the target.
Old 10-04-2003, 02:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Broad head help!!!!!!!!!

Go to www.broadheadtests.com and click on the tunning section. That should help you understand the situation. I have also included links to the easton tunning guide.