Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

bow cases pros and cons

Old 01-31-2002, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bow cases pros and cons

I have the single SKB hard bow case with a Mathews Q2XL and the non-detachable quiver. No problems with it and it has been on nearly 20 different round trip flights in about a year and a half. I went through two doskocil bow cases in a years time with that kind of air travel. You get what you pay for, consider this extra insurance on your bow working properly when you get to your hunting place.

I did not know of the cheaper prices of the SKB bow cases before I bought mine. I got the single because they were offering the double for a "special" $279. I got the single for $219. Ouch.
Old 01-31-2002, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a hardcase I bought a Wal-mart for 30 bucks. It has done the job well. Only thing is, I bought it when I had my old bow, which was 41" ata. My new bow is a few inches shorter and the case is huge. Nice to store other junk in there with it, but I think I'm going to buy a smaller case.

I also noticed a new one that actually has support arms inside that help protect it from being crushed in case you put something heavy on top of it. Just another nice thing I noticed.

Chris
Old 01-31-2002, 11:29 PM

i baught one at wal-mart for $25 bucks that had the support arms in it, but had to cut them out 'cause my Q2 has the 2 pc non detach quiver. it will fit with the arms but you have to remove your arrows from the quiver
Old 01-31-2002, 11:35 PM

I just bought the double SKB to take on the airlines and it is awesome. It is made to stack a gun on one side and the bow on the other. I am in the lottery for a WY elk hunt and if chosen will take take a bow and rifle out there. If not drawn I will have a case for a lifetime of protection of any bow or bows that are in it. I like leaving my bow in the back seat of my SUV most of the deer bow season in the hard case. I paid $189 plus shipping for it at Bowman equipment.
Old 02-01-2002, 07:52 AM
Typical Buck

Bob,

You must have made Stewart's day
Not only bought a Bowman from him but a great case also.
But that's the way I am too.
Like to get everything at once.

Sag.
Old 02-01-2002, 08:50 AM
nub

I have the single SKB. It will hold my MQ1 and the 2 piece quiver.
Old 02-01-2002, 12:04 PM

Hey if you hurry www.Cabelas.com has them for 27.00 I just got one! Hard case 1 Bow doz arrows lots of room!! Discounted for some reason!