Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Fletchings getting tore up

Old 10-02-2003, 09:06 AM

Default Fletchings getting tore up

Hey guys,

Been FOREVER since I was here, Can' t even remember what my old login name was. I recognize a ton of names though, and I am sure there are a ton more new ones. I remembered what a great site this was, and thought it was about time to return...

Heres my problem. I have a Reflex Extreme, Shooting Beeman Carbon arrows with a QuickTune 4000 Rest. Seems like when I shoot, my cock feather gets all ruffled up, the opposite way it should be. I have it centered in the middle of the prongs.

I did recently just " crank up" my bow, would that have anything to do with it? The other two feathers are fine. The bow seems to shoot ok, right at POI, but I think my arrows might be fishtailing a little.

Any suggestions would be great, Thanks!

-Jared
Old 10-02-2003, 02:59 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Fletchings getting tore up

If the cock feather is ruffled and you can see the arrow fishtailing you are getting vane contact. Spray foot powder on the cock feather and shoot the arrows that will tell you where they are hitting and you can adjust from there.