Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Spot-Hogg Problem!!

Old 10-01-2003, 08:06 PM

Default Spot-Hogg Problem!!

I recently added a Spot-Hogg Real Deal to my Hoyt HavocTec. The sight is awesome, by far the greatest sight I' ve ever laid eyes on or used. However, this morning I went to install my Hoyt quiver bracket and []!! The screws are too large for the pre-drilled holes! D***! This seems pretty s****y for a sight I paid over $100 for!

I contacted the company I bought it from and I might e-mail Spot-Hogg tommorow. I hope to heck they can send me smaller screws or something.

Anyone else had this problem?!?

Tyler
Old 10-01-2003, 08:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Spot-Hogg Problem!!

Tyler,
You mean the bevel is too wide on the head? Not following?
Ok I' m gonna feel responsible here![]
Old 10-01-2003, 08:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

The right size screws should have come with the sight.
I know they did for my Hogg-It.
Old 10-01-2003, 11:16 PM

Hey!!! How do you guys make up those fancy adds at the bottom of your posts???? Being a country bumpkin from Nebraska I need one that says " I brake for tarp straps" Hey! I' d bet I could sell a ton of them around here if they were bumper stickers>>>-------->
PA, I' d bet they simply got a hold of a batch of the wrong screws, they should be 10X24' s.
Old 10-02-2003, 02:03 PM

Gotta tell you fellas, my sight didn' t come with screws to mount a quiver. I' m using the screws that came with the Hoyt quiver, and they won' t even fit in the hole.

Tyler
Old 10-02-2003, 02:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Tyler,
Do you have any other sight mounting screws laying around from another sight? I can' t imagine that the pre-drilled holes on th eend of the Spot-Hogg mounting bracket would be any different than what are drilled into your riser?

I can' t check my Hogg-It because there is no spot for mounting a quiver on this sight due to the fact that it is basically a tournament sight.

So you are saying those screws will fit into your riser holes........but not the last set of pre-drilled ones on the sight bracket?
Old 10-02-2003, 03:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Matt.
We have exactly the same sight and mine has the quiver mount holes.
They shound be in the mounting block as you can see from the pics below

Old 10-02-2003, 03:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Whoops.....I was just coming back on here to say exactly that. Yes my Hogg-it does have quiver mount holes.
Anyway I ran every different sight mounting screw I had into these holes and they all fit perfectly?
Old 10-02-2003, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Being a country bumpkin from Nebraska I need one that says " I brake for tarp straps" Hey! I' d bet I could sell a ton of them around here if they were bumper stickers>>>-------->

LMAO...That' s hilarious Russ.... I about spewed water on the ole monitor over that one....

To my knowledge the two Spot Hogg sights I have didn' t come with quiver mounting screws, those usually come with quivers.

If the screws you have aren' t easily screwing into the sight bracket, I' d certainly check to make sure you have the right thread pattern before you botch up the threads...