Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Best carbon arrow for hunting and 3d?

Old 01-31-2002, 09:27 AM

Default Best carbon arrow for hunting and 3d?

I have been shooting Easton XX78 super slams for the longest time. I am going to upgrade to carbons soon, probably the same time I order a new Havoc-tec or Cyber-tec. Now that there are so many carbon arrow manufacturers around and new ones every month I'm wondering what one to go with? Beman, Blackhawk, Gold tip, Carbon tech, Easton.....? I will mainly use them for hunting and practice for hunting and some 3d events in the summer. Price is not an issue, i'm willing to pay the $ for a quality/reliable product. I'm leaning towards the blackhawks and gold tips because of what i've read about their consistency. I'd love to hear everyones comments on any of the manufacturers good or bad. thanks.
Old 01-31-2002, 10:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Best carbon arrow for hunting and 3d?

I cant comment on other brands cause I have not shot other brands other than gold tip and I love them
I have had mine fletched with feathers rather than plastic vains but thats just my personal preference.
The only problem I have had with them they are hard to get out of a target but with a little elbow grease and some car polish that is no longer a problem.
My buddy across the street uses PSE carbons and loves them I would rate them the same as the gold tips but I have not shot them I have just watch him shoot his.
Old 01-31-2002, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have alot of experience, but I like the SME epsioln arrows real well. Rub 'em w/ Ivory soap & they come right out of the target. They are very quiet when drawn & .003 straightness over 28". I intend to buy more. I found them on mtnarchery.com for a good price. Check them out. They got a good writeup on a site I can't remember right now. Maybe someone else knows the site. I'll try & find it again for you.

Phil.
Old 01-31-2002, 11:46 AM
tm
Fork Horn

I've shot most of the ICS carbons and keep going back to Gold Tip.
Old 01-31-2002, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you want consistency,take a serious look at the Carbon Express 3D Selects.These top quality shafts are as good as any carbon gets.They are the straightest carbon available at .001 and the weight tolerance is also the best on the market at +/- 1 gr. per dozen. I was looking for a non-bendable alternative to the ACC that I shot for years......well the searchended with these babies. 5 STARS,I love 'em!!!

Edited by - IL-Cornfed on 01/31/2002 14:11:31
Old 01-31-2002, 02:03 PM

carbon express here with no complaints.

John
Old 01-31-2002, 02:17 PM

I've tried Easton A/C/C Superlites, Carbon Sidewinders and Gold Tips the Gold Tips work the best for me.
Old 01-31-2002, 05:40 PM

IL-Cornfed and Moparman, I checked out the Carbon express 3d selects on Gametrackers website. They look and sound like a great product to bad they don't offer the 3d selects with a camo finish, oh well. Do you know if the "weight grain insert" system works with the 3d selects? I do prefer a heavier arrow and like this concept.
Old 01-31-2002, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have shot a couple of different carbons before settling with the Gold Tips. I too have shot xx78's for years and took the plunge last winter to change to carbon. I love them. They take a beating and have pretty good tolerences as far as straightness. I took both my deer last year including a nice eight point with them and they were both complete passthroughs.

I dont have any experience with competition shooting though. So others would be able to answer that. But for hunting, I wont go back to anything else now.

Just my opinion

Chris
Old 01-31-2002, 10:04 PM

I've personally tested nearly every carbon and still have found no better than the ACC's and the Beman Matrix. They are super tough, super fast, and easily removed from 3-d targets. A big plus compared to the carbons where more arrows get damaged being removed from targets rather than damaged during the shot. Just my opinion, I think the alum/carbon shaft is awesome.

Quick Reply: Best carbon arrow for hunting and 3d?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.