Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech ? for JeffB / Matt/Pa

Old 09-28-2003, 08:08 AM

Default Bowtech ? for JeffB / Matt/Pa

I,m currently shooting an 02 BKll option 2 29" /70# which ive been very happy with. Getting the itch for a new toy in Feb. The 2 bows in intrest are the Pat Dually and the P-40 Dually. I dont recall which one of you had both bows but here are my ?s. which one of the 2 aimed better in your hands,balanced better ,did you feel one was any more accurate than the other and with the Pat Dually have a little more BH and shorter ata and the p-40 having a little more ata and a shorter BH did you find one more forgiving or did they cancel each other out.
Old 09-28-2003, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech ? for JeffB / Matt/Pa

Dennis,

Unless you have the itch for something right now, I would probably reccomend holding off till the 2004' s come out. Right aorund the corner the new year is!

That said, I prefer the Pro 40 for holding/balance. It also draws a bit smoother draw for draw, pound for pound.

The DC PAT' s brace height helps, but I' m not sure I culd tell much diff between the two.

Were I to do it again, I' d buy another DC PAT, simply because for hunting I like the specs better. If it' s gonna do double duty as a target/3D bow, the by all means go w/ the 40; it will help oyu pick upa few more points here and there.

Who knows?, they might have something totally new replacing them both for 2004![]
Old 09-28-2003, 12:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dennis, Jeff' s right.....you already have a heck of a nice bow there and you will not be gaining enough of a difference in performance or forgiveness to warrant a change right now.
I too would probably just wait until the 04' s are out as well if I were you.

That said I own the DC Pat and just sold my Red target Pro40 (3D season is over for me)
All around bow? The Pro40 Wins....it' s just a tad easier to shoot , and holds more solid on target. BUT the Pat Dually is no slouch either. I shot my first " Clean" 3D round with it this past season set up as a hunting bow!
Either bow is inherently pretty darn accurate, the Patriot is just a little more user friendly in hunting situations.
Your BKII is somewhere in the middle ATA wise, a similar to draw cycle, and not far behind the Pro40 Dually in brace height.........plus you are going to have the bow with the best performance of the 3, and probably a little smoother draw than the Patriot.

If you have a real bad case of the " New Toys" by all means go get one........they are both great bows. I am dying to get my Dually Patriot into the woods this upcoming weekend. As much as I absolutely LOVED my Pro40 Dually for 3D and how well it shot for me, I would still pick the Patriot dually for hunting bow. Unless I was living in Wyoming or somewhere wide open with ground hunting opportunities........then I' d lean toward the Pro40 Dually.

Old 09-28-2003, 02:31 PM

Thanks for the responses guys,as stated by you both i had planned on waiting for the 2004' s to come out. This bow would be a hunting bow, I guess ill wait to see what comes out in 2004. If nothing new comes out i guess ill have to seriously look at the pat dually. Just wanted to get the low down on these bows from you guys seein that you have put them through the paces. Ive read the bow reveiws by you guys, all of which have been excellent. Thanks again and good luck this hunting season
Old 09-28-2003, 04:13 PM

Matt, I really like the little pic at the bottom of your post and especially like President Bush' s " game face" and follow through
Dennis, you should go shoot the ' 03s and decide which one feels the best, there' s not much difference in speed. I have both and really can' t tell which one I shoot better than the other, both are tack drivers with no " why did that arrow hit there" shots. I' d say that the Patriot Dually is quieter and the Pro 40 may hold better. Both are great bows that PERFORM!!!!
Maybe Kevin will get on here and give us a little tid bit of what is to come for ' 04??? I know someone that KNOWS but he' s sworn to hold the secrets
Old 09-28-2003, 05:33 PM

walks wit a gimp, Thanks for your input. I guess im going to wait, id hate to buy an 03 and have BT come out with an 04 that i like better and wish i would have waited. And with hunting season already here i dont see myself having any time to test bows until after the holidays. I guess my biggest concern was the the p-40 being 3" longer ata and 1/2" shorter BH vs the pat dually if there was a greater difference in forgivness. But from all the post it doesnt seem to be a concerning factor. I figured the p-40 to hold steadier with the longer ata, which was confirmed in the above post. And where im already shooting the BKll im not expecting a big difference in the draw cycle between the two. Thanks again
Old 09-29-2003, 06:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Definitely wait for the 2004 models to debut. I have a feeling that some of my hunting bow expectations are about to be fulfilled. Only time will tell though...plus, I am sure the bows you are currently looking at will still be in their lineup next year...