Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

broadhead trouble help!!!!

Old 09-25-2003, 07:24 PM

Default broadhead trouble help!!!!

i paper tuned my bow getting bullet holes, shot field points they shot fine, put my mechinacal broadheads wasp jak hammer 100gr.... shot it and it was fishtailing so i put two rubber o ring on it, and it is flying striaght but it is seem to wind planeing to the left any suggestions!!!!! need help!!!!
Old 09-26-2003, 03:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: broadhead trouble help!!!!

I don' t have a clue? Jackhammers are normaly very accurate heads. And unless your shooting realy really fast one O ring should be plenty. Could just be a bad head or Arrow? Hard to say without looking at the bow myself.
Old 10-01-2003, 01:15 PM

To tell you the truth im not to familiar on mechanical broadheads because i use a muzzy fixed blades...But if i may suggest heating up the end of the insert and giving it 4 complete rotations...what this does is spreads the glue evenly around the insert, which takes out the globs that may be on one side and makeing it go that way....This may help but i cant guarantee that it will ...Another things is which i really dont think will help but if you wanted to line the blades up with the vains....This is more affective on a fixed broadhead but who knows it may help...You dont have anything to lose so give it a try....good luck..let me know what happens
Old 10-01-2003, 01:21 PM

You said you paper tuned but did you spin test? Paper tuning at a short distance wouldnt tell you if your insert isn' t seated perfectly.