Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

bow tuning help!!!!!!

Old 09-25-2003, 10:47 AM

Default bow tuning help!!!!!!

i need some help with the center shot on my boy just seems i cant get it right is there any easy way. i have a whisker biscuit can this be tuned!!!!!!!
Old 09-25-2003, 12:53 PM

Default RE: bow tuning help!!!!!!

There are a lot of people on here who can help, but you probably should give a little more info.

In short, yes, the WB rest is too popular not to be able to be tuned. I don' t think I' ve ever seen a rest (except a peel-and-stick flipper) that didn' t have centershot adjustment.

WHY do you think your centershot is not set properly? What have you done to evaluate your setting? What happens when you move it?
Old 09-25-2003, 12:59 PM

i just bought the rest and i put it on and line the string up in the middle of the arrow some reason it just dont want to tune right. and yes tiller perfect timing perfect and spine perfect.
Old 09-25-2003, 01:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don' t shoot a Whisker Bisquit, but I' ve helped a couple guys at the range get theirs up and running. You' ve got to get that hole perfectly centered for them to work. If the vanes get too much into one side and not enough on the other, they will throw the tail end of the arrow off to the side.

You do know that you load your arrows cock vane UP, right?
Old 09-25-2003, 07:34 PM

I also have an Onieda Eagle and tried the whisker bisket. I tried every thing I could think of and no matter what could not get the arrows to fly straight. They would consistently go wide to the right. Finally put my old rest back on and all is well again. If there’s a solution I’m all ears.
Tim
Old 09-27-2003, 09:29 AM

I own three Oneida bows they do have their own unique timing & tuning issues but they still just bows. You should always use the correct spine arrows for your bow. Most right-handed bows have a cableguard which stresses the bow in a manner that cause the bowstring to move forward and just a little bit to the left of center. This usually results in having to move the rest a little to the left of center in order for the bow to shoot its narrowest group. While the Oneida does not have a cableguard it does have its timing system stressing the right side of the bow. The tendency to just center the arrowrest is a strong one. Just because the arrow is pointing straight when the bow is at rest does not mean its going to shoot straight. Over the years I' ve noticed on hundreds of prongrests that the outer prong always wore down first. Most of the bows that I have installed the biscuit on had the rest about 1/8" left of center to shoot their best groups. Tune your bow and adjust your rest. Good luck hunting!