Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Anyone useing nitro stingers

Old 09-23-2003, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anyone useing nitro stingers

Anyone who has used these arrows I would like to here your opinions . The guys I shot 3d with last yer were useing the linecutter models with great sucess . Im looking at the hunting models and wounder about spine , they say from 50 to 100 lbs . Thats a big diferance , I cant imagine an arrow that could spine correctly from that big a range . Im shooting 63 lbs and 28 inches .
Old 09-23-2003, 09:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Anyone useing nitro stingers

ijimmy

I have been using stingers for a couple years now and love them.BUT,as far as I know,you can no longer buy after market uni bushings from Lancaster for them and you have to cut the back of them to get Easton uni bushings to fit and this does mess with the spine and they don' t shoot as well.The stock nocks are junk and the back end really needs the protection of a unibushing for them to hold up.

They are very accurate and carry a broadhead very well, but I will be going back to ACC' s with my next dozen because of the unibushing issue.

And, yes,they do spine very well in there advertised ranges with most of todays bows(as far as I know from my experience)I havn' t shot any through a 100 pound bow.Think about it,the shaft is tapered.The arrow absorbs the energy and the energy runs up the taper untill it finds the " sweet spot" ,then the arrow straightens out and flies like a dart.