Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Are we drawing too much?

Old 10-08-2003, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Are we drawing too much?

I' ve switched from 70 to 60 lbs in the last year , it makes drawing in the cold weather much easyer . Malard I' ve found that shooting a bow dead on your draw length to about 3/8 over easer to hold than one thats 1/2 short . I know the minet I try to shoot a bow thats too short , I cant hold worth a darn .
Old 10-14-2003, 07:56 PM

Default RE: Are we drawing too much?

hi

i am shooting about 72 lbs and i am generating the results i want, but if you can get a fast arrow speed at a lower poundage go for it. because i for 1 would not like to be sitting in my treestand and have my bow cranks up all th way and not be able to get my bow back when that buck of a life time comes by. this hasnt happened to me yet..(knock on wood) but i will keep with my 72 lbs untill i can find a bow to match the speed at a lower poundage with a reasonable price.

for all those seekers of rocket speed arrows check out the bowtech line. the are a little pricey but fast as H@ll..... 350fps+

http://www.bowtecharchery.com/FLASH/index.html