Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Question for Hoyt Versacam experts

Old 09-20-2003, 08:17 PM

Default Question for Hoyt Versacam experts

I have a 2002 Hoyt HavocTec with Versacam #2 and XT2000 limbs, according to the sticker on the lower limb the draw length adjusts from 25.5" -28.5" . All I can get by adjusting the inner cam from one extreme to the other is 27" and 28" which according to Hoyts " tune chart" on their website is correct unless you want to change out the idler wheel to a #3 and buy a new string and buss cable set of different lengths to get it down to the 25.0/25.5" -26.0/26.5" drawlengths? What gives? am I missing something? why would Hoyt say Versacam equipped bows have 4 inches of drawlength adjusment? it should be 2 inches unless you want to buy $90' s worth of string and buss cable set and a $50-$60 idler wheel. Please help a new Hoyt guy out. thanks.
Old 09-20-2003, 09:16 PM

Default RE: Question for Hoyt Versacam experts

Are you moving the draw stop peg to match the module position?
Old 09-20-2003, 10:00 PM

No, where do I find that information? I know what and where the drawstop peg is but don' t understand what hole it should be in. I have it in the extreme end hole at this point (which looks to give it the longest drawlength possible before it contacts the string.
Old 09-20-2003, 10:15 PM

Actually I do understand the drawstop peg now after reading more. What I don' t understand is how do you know what position the inner cam is in (A-H), nothing is stamped or engraved on the cam to let you know. Is there a good diagram to explain it better somewhere?
Old 09-21-2003, 06:52 AM

Position A is closest to the (-) sign and is the stortest drawlength your bow will allow when the peg is in position 3. Now when you rotate the inner module towards the (+) sign, every hole you can line up is another 1/2" . It doesn' t have to be the same hole on the module. When ever you can see a hole line up, count a 1/2" and match the correct peg position. Some are tough, mine is at 28" and I have to drop the screw in under my limb. The recommended peg position gives you 70% let off. Move the peg one less and you' ll be at 65% and move it one more will give you 75%. It says only to move the peg one away from the suggested position. Moving the draw stop peg will also change your draw length a little too. I measured my arrow and drew back my bow, so I would know what the true draw length was. The chart wasn' t exactly correct. Hope this helps.
Old 09-21-2003, 03:06 PM

Thanks Deer902, I was trying to figure it out without a manual. I was doing searches on this forum to find info but finally found the 2002 Hoyt manual on their website in PDF format. Your last post was what it took for me to figure it out though. Pretty easy after you described it. I have the module in the C position (26.5" ) with the drawstop peg in the #4 position, the manual says the correct drawstop position is #3 for 80% letoff but it just doesn' t feel like 80% to me at #3 and the valley is EXTREMELY short so #4 it is for now. Thanks again for all the help. chadinMI
Old 09-21-2003, 04:59 PM

Glad I could help.