Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

? for Rack or Jeff on nocks

Old 09-18-2003, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default ? for Rack or Jeff on nocks

Rack I read the arrow grouping thread and you sugested changing GT nocks for eastons . My question is what size fits I' m shooting CE terminator hunters , the 6075 size , I believe all the game tracker arrows use the same nock , and yes it is junk .
Old 09-18-2003, 08:46 AM

Default RE: ? for Rack or Jeff on nocks

Jimmy - I am not sure.

They do have their own nocks - and I do not think the easton unis fit into the carbon shaft.

I would venture a guess that someone makes a nock adapter that would allow the use of easton g-nocks with these arrows - but it is just a guess.

Hopefully Jeff will bail me out
Old 09-18-2003, 09:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jimmy.

I changed over from the conventional style nocks to Magnocks earlier this year and if you want a quality nock that is going to leave the string with the same pressure every shot then take a look at the Magnocks.

I first got them for my target bow and was that impressed with them I got another reciever and put on my hunting bow.

I did do some work with the crono to compare the speed and I will admit that I did loose 5fps out of the bow but when I compared the 2 nock styles at 40 yrds the Magnock was 7fps faster.

They also claim that you can use smaller fletchings with fixed blade broad heads so I decided to test that theory as well and fletched up on of my hunting arrows with 1.75" vains put the Muzzy 3 blade 100 on and started shooting well they was right (I can only shoot out to 50yds at home) and that arrow was still dead on at 50.

So there is something else you can think about
But check them out the do everything that they claim them to do.
Oh and they do have a life time warranty if one breaks for any reason including being hit by other arrows or robinhooding they will replace them no questions asked.

www.magnock.com

(I am not afilliated with this company in any way shape or form)

Old 09-18-2003, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Aussie, was your 5 fps loss using the same length arrows, or did you cut down your arrows to make up for the added receiver length?
Old 09-18-2003, 10:13 AM

I shoot both Terminator and Terminator Hunters and both the slimline knoks and the standard knocks on my arrows and they shoot great. Now I did buy some goldtips and they flew like crap out of my setup. And it seemed to be that the knocks on the gold tips were what was causeing this to happen. They fit too tight and even after dipping them in boiling water to loosen them up they just still seemed to grab the string too much. But the Carbon express nocks fly great out of my bow.
Old 09-18-2003, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don' t reccomend trying to use Easton Super nocks/3D supernocks or Bohning Signature nocks in a standard CX shaft: they can crack the back end of the shaft trying to get them in, and if not then will crack more easily over time. Personally I like the CE slimline nocks better than the Easton or Bohning (nock to serving fit is too tight), but if you are having problems the only good option is a ACC 3-60 unibushing or the Easton Redline 410/360 unibushing in combo w/ easton G nocks (.098 diameter..which is what most shops will carry)

But using Terminators you should be able to get away with a Super Nock since the shaft walls are much thicker than a standard CX. I put some in a handful of Term Selects I am sending Arthur P, and they seemed to work fine (arrows going out today Arthur, if you are reading this)

For goldtips I use the Goldtip G-nock bushing and g-nocks. Goldtip Lock Nocks are the worst design on the market.
Old 09-18-2003, 10:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

RB.
It was using the same arrows I just took the conventional nocks off and put the Magnocks on.
I was trying to compare apples to apples so to speak.
The way I done it was use 3 arrows with conventional nocks then shot through the crono at 5 feet noted the speed then started backing out in 10yrd increments taking note of the 3 speeds for each distance.

Then I put on the Magnock reciever and nocks and repeated the exercise over.

I still have not cut my arrows down as I am happy with the results I am getting.

I will say tho my 50yrd groups have really tighened up since switching to the Magnocks in fact I cant group tune under 50yrds without destroying arrows (which really makes my wife [:@] ) cause I then have an excuse to buy more arrows.

The arrows I used where the Gold Tip 5575 XT' s.

I have also played around with the 3555 XT' s but could not complete the above test due to a perfect heart double lung shot on the crono[:' (] and my wife wont let me buy another crono.

Old 09-18-2003, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Aussie, sounds like you need a new... wife?

Thanks for the info. I' m astounded you only lost 5 fps. I thought the weight of the receiver and magnocks would have caused a much greater loss. I have some here, but have never given them a shot because of time constraints. Now that I have my chrony set up, I' ll play with them after the season is over. Too late to change things up now, my bow is shooting scary good. I' m sure it' s it and not me
Old 09-18-2003, 11:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

RB.
I did try to use that experience as an excuse to buy a Hooter Shooter but she was onto that like a pack of dogs on a 3 legged cat
Old 09-18-2003, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff, Last fall for an experiment I bought 1 CE terminator hunter from Walmart. Does CE make different grades of nocks? The one on this arrow really snaps onto my string, not at all like the Easton G nocks. I can' t imagine their tightness isn' t costing a few fps or so...