Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

mathews q2 or hoyt cybertec

Old 01-30-2002, 11:11 AM

Default mathews q2 or hoyt cybertec

I am new to the forum and find it very interesting, kind of addicting. I want to buy a new bow and have it boiled down to the q2 or the cybertec. I am looking for experienced info on both. I have shot both, seems like the cybertec has a small valley. Is there any technology difference betwwen the two? I am not brand loyal to any, and like both . I also think the q2 is quieter. Any info to help my purchase easier would be much appreciated. thanks in advance.
Old 01-30-2002, 11:28 AM

Default RE: mathews q2 or hoyt cybertec

Hey I say go with your gut feeling. I got a 02 CyberTec and think it is the best damn bow I have ever seen. But it met a lot of my expectations and when you put a bow in you hand and it feels right Your hooked!

I think its not as much the bow as the bow and its components. You bow is only as good as it weakest component. If not setup right the q2 and the CyberTec will both be a POS. But setup correctly they are both equally nice.

You thought the Q2 was quieter? man I cant imagine a bow quieter than my CyberTec. Hey what ever you get you will like it they are both good bows, the UltraTec is another possibility! Q2XL! all good!

Old 01-30-2002, 11:51 AM

Thanks Grandzer. How much did you pay for your cybertec and do you think it has less recoil than the q2? what is different about the cybertec, seems like hoyt does not have any new technology this year, just my thought.My pro shop guy is so pro mathews, its hard to look past them.
Old 01-30-2002, 12:16 PM

I paid 600.00 for my CyberTec, that is with the XT2000 limbs and the Versa Cam. I use a 12" superstix stabilizer and Quicktune 3000 rest. I have a SureLoc Challenger w/6" bar and use a Scott mongoose release.

I don't detect any recoil in the bow. It is smooth and quiet. But I wouldn't be a good guy unless I mentioned this.

This is what should make your decision. Who is you closest dealer? what does you dealer shoot? See there is something to be said for having a dealer near and one that is willing to work with you. Help you tune it in and give you honest answers. That makes a lot of difference. If I thought the that Hoyt was a better bow but you have to drive 20 miles and the dealer was a real AHOLE I would say Q2 all the way. I have never shot a Q2 but I know some one who had one and now he has a Parker go Figure!

My CyberTec will shoot in the 290's with a carbon and is smooth and steady. If I shoot a 2413 It is slower but more forgiving. I got the Hoyt cause my dealer was close and he was a shooter himself. He shoots Hoyt his Sons shoot Hoyt and they Win! so as long as he is willing to help me and keep me on top of the game its Hoyt for me too!
Old 01-30-2002, 12:29 PM

Thats the problem, the dealer is very close and sells both brands. He does shoot mathews, but the service is close to home for either brand.He is very knowledgeable and speaks good of both. I am hoping more people respond because I am confused, not that I do not cherish your opinion but the more the better.
Old 01-30-2002, 12:55 PM

Cool, in that case Hoyt!! The Hoyt is 36" A to A and I feel like that makes the bow a better shooter. The Tec riser and smooth and fits the palm of your and well. But I hope some of the other Hoyt shooters visit you post cause they love there Hoyt's too! And wont waist a second in telling you that. Here a a couple people that you might want to talk to.

VorTecXT2000

KyBowHunter

n23D

these guys all have Hoyt's and are happy to Extremely happen with them.

Edited by - grndzer on 01/30/2002 15:13:24
Old 01-30-2002, 02:28 PM

Both bows are very similiar. I have a Hoyt dealer and a Mathews dealer both close by. The reason I chose the CyberTec is because it just simply felt better in my hand. I like Hoyts grip a lot better than Mathews. Before i got the CyberTec I had a Mathews FX. Trust me the FX is nowhere in the CyberTecs league. Ive also shot the Q2. Some people may argue but to me it feels like the CyberTec has less shock and recoil. Neither bow produces much noise, but the Q2 has a louder string twang sound to it. I also like the adjustability of the CyberTec. Adj. letoff and 4 inches of draw adjustment. Either bow would be an exellent choice. I still dont have mine set up yet. The shop has it. I cant decide what sights and stabilizer.
Old 01-30-2002, 02:43 PM
Spike

I have both a Q2 and a Cybertec. They are both great bows and you won't go wrong with either. My Cybertec has less recoil and is much quieter than my Q2. I shoot great groups with both, but I shoot better groups with the Hoyt. I would hate to be without both bows, but if I could only have one, I'll keep the Hoyt.
Old 01-30-2002, 05:52 PM

I am considering both bows as well. My concern is(after reading way to many opinions on this forum)that the brace heigth on the cybertec is to low and may hit my hunting clothes and not be as forgiving.Roller do you notice any difference in that area.
Old 01-30-2002, 06:12 PM

How much does the Q2 cost?

Quick Reply: mathews q2 or hoyt cybertec

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.