Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

mathews q2 or hoyt cybertec

Old 01-30-2002, 08:19 PM
Spike

Default RE: mathews q2 or hoyt cybertec

I don't have any trouble with the Cybertec's brace height. I think it is a very forgiving bow to shoot. I shoot it better than my Q2 that has a larger brace height. You can get a Q2 for around $600. Now that Mathews has their new line out, you might get a better deal from someone wanting to get rid of them to make room for the new bows.
Old 01-30-2002, 09:51 PM

Default RE: mathews q2 or hoyt cybertec

I highly recommend the CyberTec over the Q2 and any of the new Mathews bows. I shot them all side by side at the AMO show and I prefer the Hoyt for both the feel of the grip which enhances aimability in your hand and for the extremely subdued recoil. The Mathews bows were set up at about 40 pounds so they shot nice too, but the Hoyt shot nicer even at 60 lb. I also own a CyberTec and hunted with it all season. I was extremely pleased with the level of accuracy and performance I got from the bow. Pay attention to how the grip feels in your hand. I would recommend removing the foam pad from the Hoyt grip (hunting models only)until the cold of hunting season rolls around. Until then, it's nice to feel the highly contoured riser since it mates so naturally with your hand. You can stick the foam back on and tighten the grip plates down when you're ready for the cold. That's the only way to see the true beauty of your Hoyt's grip! If you get the VersaCam version of the bow you can also adjust the valley of the cam by moving the draw stop back 1-position (nice feature for customizing feel). VersaCam also makes it much easier when you eventually sell the bow since you can easily adjust the draw length without a bow press. Hope this helps...

-DC