Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Seen this yet?

Old 09-16-2003, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Seen this yet?

http://www.bow-pro-archery.com/Release%20System.htm

Wonder how many fps you lose with this thing...
Old 09-17-2003, 01:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Seen this yet?

It' s not attatched to the string/cables (except for the release head) so I don' t see how it would affect arrow speed. I can see how you wouldn' t want to drop the bow though. Looks like it would be easy to bend a horseshoe into that thing.

More parts to make noise, more parts to malfunction. Yeah, boy! Sign me up for one. LOL[&:]

Old 09-17-2003, 01:16 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

That baby would look really slick on your long bow Arthur
Old 09-17-2003, 08:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

You know... I could jab it in the dirt and use it as a bow holder on those chilly days when I want to keep my hands in my pockets. What a concept!
Old 09-18-2003, 05:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

It doesn' t look technical enough for my tastes. Throw some pulleys and a small motor onto it and we are in business.

Seriously, no, I had not seen it yet though I am curious as to how you continue to find all these gadgets and gizmos. Do you sit there on Yahoo typing in different search terms or what?

Old 09-18-2003, 06:51 AM
Fork Horn

I think I am going to have to trade in my WB for one of those... lol
Old 09-18-2003, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am curious as to how you continue to find all these gadgets and gizmos. Do you sit there on Yahoo typing in different search terms or what?
I' ll never tell...

Actually I found this one while searching for a red dot bow bracket for a guy.

If you click on the link above, go to their page for the " snap" rest and check it out. It will save me from posting it in a few days as a new " have you seen this yet"
Old 09-18-2003, 07:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Went and looked at the rest. I' m sitting here shaking my head in disbelief. I' ll try to formulate a coherent response later.
Old 09-18-2003, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Art, was it the " use heat to adjust to different arrows" ?

Hey, for a price, you can send them your bow, and they' ll install a snap rest, the release rod thingy and throw in a tune job to boot
Old 09-18-2003, 10:51 AM

Stick to the basics. You start adding crap like that and all you are doing is adding unneeded weight to your bow. Everybody is trying to make money off of some gadget they promise to make you shoot better. The bottom line is that you can' t replace an hour a day in the back yard practicing. For that matter, you only need about half an hour. I' m all for a good compound bow, but it seems people are getting away from primative wepons with all the gadgetry. Why not add a little propulsion so you don' t have to draw back. Keep it simple.