Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

game camera.

Old 09-15-2003, 11:50 AM

Default game camera.

dose game cam scare away game when the flash gos off or not.
Old 09-15-2003, 12:12 PM

Default RE: game camera.

I' d have to say mostly no. When mine was working, I had several pix of the same deer w/i minutes of each other. I had it set on a time delay and over the span of a few minutes, I' d catch the same deer working a trail or foot plot.
Old 09-15-2003, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

We just set up a couple on our lease and I have to say yes. We have several pics where in the first pic, they have that deer in the headlights look (pun) and on the second one that goes about 15 seconds later, all you see is butt. Maybe they just get used to it after a while.
Old 09-16-2003, 04:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Though I have only a brief time period of experience with the Stealth cam I would say that it depends on how you have it set up. The reason I say that is because I noticed if I set mine to take more than one picture per activation then it does tend to spook game. On the other hand, the week before I had 7 or 8 consecutive shots of two buck feeding right in front of my camera. Now the duration between activations can be no less than a minute so those two deer must have been there for at least 7 or 8 minutes before moving on.
Old 09-16-2003, 11:43 AM

Ive noticed that the if the RED EYE reduction feature is on the deer got very nervous and spooky because of the flickering flash. I have set my camera for 30 second and 2 minute intervals and the deer dont seem to mind the flash and go back to feeding. I think alot of the spooked deer problems could be from the sound of the shutter on less noise proof units and/or the redeye setting being on.
Ive gotten pics of the same deer 5 ft from the camera several days in a row so I dont believe it bothers them. At least with my camera setup.
Old 09-16-2003, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sometimes it will spook them alittle but overall, I' d say its doesn' t. I have countles night photos of the same deer within 12 feet of the flash, for 3 to 5 flashed.(6 to 10 minutes)

Good Luck!