Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Paper Tuning & Arrow Spin Test Designs

Old 09-15-2003, 09:31 AM

Default Paper Tuning & Arrow Spin Test Designs

Anyone have good ways to make your own testers? Or is it better to just buy them?

Thanks
Old 09-15-2003, 09:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Paper Tuning & Arrow Spin Test Designs

The cheapest way to make a spin tester is a shoe box just cut a V in each end.

I made my own from stuff a neighbour gave me and when Image Station comes back up I will post the pics.

Old 09-15-2003, 10:56 AM

I just bought a spin tester from Cabelas for $30.00. I don' t know why, I usually make most all my stuff. I guess I was just lazy at the time[:' (]. In 31 years of bowhunting, I' ve never bought a tree stand and always make my own. I still have the first one I ever made back in 1974. Ausie, you still coming up to Nebraska to hunt this month????
Old 09-15-2003, 11:06 AM

As far as a paper tuner.....I took a big cardboard box - fold the flaps in on the one side. On the other side - I take a knife and cut out a square. Now tape your paper and shoot through. I placed mine on a chair and then shot from my knees so that I was shooting level at the paper.
Old 09-15-2003, 11:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Walks.

Well things are a little tight here at the moment since I was laid off.
I have had to cancel the trip but hopefully I will be there soon.

Of all things that usually happen after you get laid off and with no job prospects any time soon.
I was offered a year long lease for $800.00 a year where my guests and I would be the only ones hunting the property AAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH why couldn' t he have offered me the place before I got laid off.
Altho he did say if I dont lease it then he would not lease it to anyone else.
I have been there and it has great deer and lots of them plus feral hogs oh talk about a hunters heaven.
I think I will go and slash my wrists[:' (]
Old 09-15-2003, 07:07 PM

I made my paper tune holder out of PVC pipe glued together to form a frame and my spin tester out of some kinda rollers I found at Wal Mart in the hardware section- they work great only about a buck apiece per roller. They are about an inch or so long and have two round wheels attached _ i think there made for doors or something- bought two sets mounted them to a board and top quality spin tester for 2 dollars & 12cent tax
Old 09-15-2003, 09:10 PM

My paper tuner consists of a 5 ft step ladder. I tape a piece of paper to one of the steps, clip a vice grip to the bottom of the paper to keep it taunt and just let the vice grip dangle. Then just step back, squat a little and shoot through the paper. Works great!
Old 09-15-2003, 10:15 PM

Sorry to hear you won' t be coming up to hunt, Ausie Are you sure there arn' t any openings at the local male stripper clubs Tips could add up very fast and before you know it, you could buy that property
Old 09-15-2003, 11:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Are you sure there arn' t any openings at the local male stripper clubs
Walks.

Worked in one of those for 10 minutes last week and as soon as I started my show the place cleared like as if the house was on fire[]

I have the lease thing under control I called 3 of my closest friends and offered them a spot which they took.
I also laid down some tough ground rules as this is going to be a long term lease.

My wife is going to check where she works she said they where always looking for security guards