Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

how do you mount your biscuit?

Old 09-16-2003, 04:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: how do you mount your biscuit?

Ok, I must admit that I thought of a few crude remarks as well but i will keep them to myself this time....

On a more serious note, for you techies out there, why can' t you mount the biscuit in front of the riser?....assuming the bow' s riser design allows for it.
Old 09-16-2003, 11:24 AM

Not a " Techie," but do know how to tune a bow and troubleshoot.

I have never really thought about it, being I never considered mounting my rest at front of riser. Could not do it anyway, I shoot a real rest.

However, and without much thought put into it, some of the possible negative aspects that come to mind are;

1. Arrow on rest too long allows more time for arrow to be affected by negative forces.
2. Any degree of torque of bow would be amplified.
3. Friction (drag) on shaft would be for entire length of shaft.
4. From my recurve days; right and left flight could be affected if rest is too far forward or back from bow' s pressure point.

I don’t know if this " pressure point" issue is the same when using center-shot rests. Like I said, I never thought about it because I.............
Old 09-17-2003, 12:20 AM

Like I said, I never thought about it because I............am a stuborn cuss []
Old 09-17-2003, 05:04 AM

I think torque would be magnified, the further you move a rest from the pivot point of the grip, whether it be to the front or the rear. If you can mount the rest in front, and keep it as close to the pivot point as you can when mounting in the rear, then I see no significant disadvantage. The whisker biscuit doesn' t work like other rests anyway. It relies on pressure from all sides of the arrow to keep it centered. It may help arrow flight to keep the arrow in this rest for a longer time.
Old 09-17-2003, 08:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks folks for your thoughts. It sounds like I have found a new toy to experiment with for now...

Come to think of it, I think Len mentioned that he had someone come into the shop with a biscuit mounted on the front of the riser....I wonder what happened.....