Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

80# draw that feels like 70#?

Old 09-12-2003, 08:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: 80# draw that feels like 70#?

No, not nuts but you do have it confused with the Supertec. The supertec has the 330 IBO speed rating and it, along with the Razor, are the two " new" male adult bows that Hoyt introduced this year.

Rumor has it that Hoyt is in the hybriding process again but this time with the Cyber and Supertecs. The Super Cybertec or the Cyber Supertec..or whatever. Regardless of the name it is supposed to be a combination of both bows.....at least that is the most current rumor.

As for the Hoyt and the Darton cams feeling the same...they are similar but I would not say the same. They both have their distinctive feel but both also offer relatively smooth draw cycles for the amount of speed/energy that they are generating...typically more than the typical single cam and at least equal to most comparitive draw cycle dual cams.
Old 09-13-2003, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

Rangeball,
I' m shooting a Cybertec C.5 @ 80lbs with the draw set @ 26.5 inches and 65%. This cam is super smooth to draw even at 80lbs. I will say dont be lazy though because just on the other side of the valley is a little something waiting for you if you do. But as for the smoothness of the draw, I couldnt ask for anything more.

Old 09-15-2003, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

2droptine, what fps at what arrow weight are you getting?
Old 09-15-2003, 12:40 PM
Fork Horn

Well, I Chrono it when I first got it and was still tuning. I had it set @ 70lbs, I shoot a 400gr arrow and got 273fps. Since then I bottomed out the limbs to 80lbs and I am Getting at least 290fps. I havent had the chance to check to see if I made 300 yet but I' d be suprised if I was. One thing I can say is I havent seen anyone at the shop or at any of the 3D shoots Ive been at with a bow hitting as hard as mine. I think the Cybertec is darn impressive for a bow for short draw archers.