Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

[Deleted]

Old 09-12-2003, 10:36 AM

Default RE: Trophy Taker help

Good Job Chief - the spring does work.

I used one when I modified my Mathews Micro rest into a dropaway a few years back and hunted with it for a few years - It doesnt make noise and will pull the rest up to the stop every time, and gives you that added support.

I also had to use it with my Solo Patriot to make the TT work. I needed the arrow up atleast 4" from full draw.

Funny thing is with my new drop zone - I only need the arrow up the last 1" of draw. I can' t figure it out.

I give up on figuring it out
Old 10-05-2003, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Trophy Taker help

Well Chief,
I fought the trophy taker with and without the springs you sent me.
I got the point of impact up ~8" when I adjusted the spring to come up at 5.5" of arrow travel. The only problem was I experienced serious fletching contact when doing so. So I worked myself backwards to 2" of arrow travel trying to get the best of both worlds, but pretty much just ended up frustrated once again.

With 2" of arrow travel before the raise and drop I am getting great arrow and b/h flight, but unable to use pendulum correctly out to 30 yards due to tt possibly dropping too early allowing for nock travel to kick arrow into a downward flight pattern resulting in a 12" drop at 30 yards when shooting from tree stand.

I gave up and gave in. I took it to a pro-shop between my house and deer lease as one last ditch effort. He moved my center shot out away from the riser and raised my rest maybe 1/16" . I now have great arrow and b/h flight and only a 3" drop at 30 yards w/the pendulum. I guess I' ll just have to live with that. [:-]

So know that I' m DONE tinkering w/ out using your springs, do you want them back? If so, PM me your address (my wife through the envelope away).