Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Anybody know how to silence a

Old 09-09-2003, 01:44 PM
Spike

Default Anybody know how to silence a

squeaky wood grip, my golden eagle ultra evolutions grip has started squeaking every time i draw the bow and this is a no-no in the woods, i just sent it back and had it totally rebuilt except for new limbs now this start this. Anyone w/a scent free solution to this problem would be greatly appreciated, the bow has no screws holding the grip so i assume its glued on. THANKS, DEAN
Old 09-09-2003, 02:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Anybody know how to silence a

Dean,
You need to remove the grip, and re-glue it. It should pull off with enough force, but you may want to try a hair dryer to soften the glue up. Clean out the residue, and get some silicone adhesive from Lowes. Make sure that you let it cure long enough before you try to shoot it! If memory serves me, it takes 24 hrs to cure. No noticable scent after it dries. I hope this helps you out some.
Good luck,
Charlie
Old 09-10-2003, 02:36 AM

Default RE: Anybody know how to silence a

remove the grip. Wrap the riser in teflon tape...reinstall the grip.
No scent, no squeaks.