Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Disgruntled Wifes Dilemna....

Old 01-30-2002, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Disgruntled Wifes Dilemna....

Randy and Debbie, you are only about 1 hour and 45 minutes from my archery club. If you don`t have any luck down around home, e-mail me as to what debbie is interested in trying. I will find out what is available, and you can drive up to my club, and shoot like crazy. We have chrono`s, presses, anything you need, and would be glad to help you out.
Good Luck....Mitch
Old 01-31-2002, 06:23 AM

Thanks Mitch
We are definately considering it. We will probably wait until better weather to do it, or do you have an indoor range?
I am looking into 3 bows at the moment. The Parker Challenger, Hoyt Sapphire, or the Bowtech Extreme Short Draw. We have been gathering information recently, and have been going to shops. Last night Randy started calling a few more shops an hour or so away looking for something in stock.
No luck, though.
Thanks again, and we may be in touch!
Debbie
Old 01-31-2002, 06:27 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-31-2002, 11:50 PM

the archery world has once again come to the aid of a fellow archer.its nice to see the worlds not all bad....good luck on finding your bow
Old 02-01-2002, 07:54 AM

Debbie, Yes I do know of a club and I encourage you to join it.

Lumberport Archery Club
Phone: 592-2331

They have an out door range and already have this years schedule setup. During bad weather we have been going to Philippi, they have an indoor range there to shoot spots.

If you need any info at all please email me and I will do what ever I can. By the way The bow you seek is a Parker Challenger! My Mom Has one and there is no doubt that is the best woman's bow I have ever seen. Sense she got this bow her shooting has improved greatly. I am sure she would be happy to let you take a shot or two out of it. As long as you promise to give it back!

Ok I wasnt being very P.C the challenger is not a "Womans Bow" but the right size PEOPLE with short draw lengths and low poundages.

Edited by - grndzer on 02/01/2002 10:56:56
Old 02-01-2002, 11:38 AM

First off, I want to say thanks to everyone for their generosity! Rarely do you find it these days.
Second, Grndzer, is that the same man that has the archery shop in Shinnston??
We have friends that have an archery shop in Cheat Lake, with an indoor range I might add, that is air conditioned in the summer and heated in the winter!! (Good friends to have, too!)Check them out sometime, I know that they have good prices! They also have a website www.sportsmansrefuge.com
They also are just starting winter leagues and there is still time to get in if you are interested!
Tell them Randy & Debbie sent you!!
And as for the Parker Challenger, it is the only one of the 3 I have had the opportunity to shoot, once. It belonged to a friend and the draw length was way too long for me. The thing I liked about it was how light it was! I am shooting an older bow and the weight difference is huge to me.
Our friends at Cheat Lake are getting in a Sapphire, but I don't think it will "fit" me either. But if I can shoot it, I will.
Thanks again, guys and we will be in touch!
Debbie
Old 02-01-2002, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hi Debbie, yes we have 24 lanes of indoor shooting. I have not made any calls yet, but if memory serves me, the parker and hoyt will be easy to round up. I will check into the bowtech for you.
Old 02-02-2002, 06:15 AM

To all you shops that don't have the smaller set ups, shame shame shame. One trick I've done in my shop is to keep draw modules around for the shorter lengths.Also keep 50# bows so I can help shooters in this area. As far as left-handed, I'm left-handed so my customers always have something to shoot. Ladies and youngsters make about 35% of my customer base so I do cater to them. Only complaint is he grips on many bows.To big or to small.Debbie, find a Parker dealer and he should have something to set you up with. Good luck.
Old 02-02-2002, 06:00 PM

Debbie, Next time you talk to Harold at the bow shop tell him I told you to buy a Hoyt I am tying to stay in his good graces

Good luck finding a Bow!
Old 02-02-2002, 07:38 PM

When you are all talking about left and right hand, I hope you mean eye dominance!
good shooting.
Dylan

>>>>--------o-->

Quick Reply: Disgruntled Wifes Dilemna....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.