Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Tracer magnum or Thunderbolt L3?

Old 09-07-2003, 08:36 PM

Default Tracer magnum or Thunderbolt L3?

Well i' m in the market for a new bow and was wondering what anyone thought about either of these two bows, the Martin tracer magnum or the PSE thunderbolt L3. I haven' t actually been able to shoot either one and i will before i buy, but i wondered if anyone has had problems with either two or has had good experiences with one of them. any input is appreciated.
Old 09-08-2003, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tracer magnum or Thunderbolt L3?

I can' t really shed any light on the martin' s, but I know they are nice bows.
I have a Thunderbolt that I got last year. I love it. Mine shoots great, was a breeze to tune, is fairly fast...and they aren' t too hard on the wallet. If I was you, I' d go look around and see what you like best...that fits your needs and wants best. To be able to shoot some different bows would be great, though many shops won' t do that. Good luck

By the way...welcome to the board
Old 09-08-2003, 05:57 PM
Typical Buck

Ive shot a thunderbolt for 5 years now and have taken many deer as well as taken it on an elk hunt. Its smooth fast and quiet. I have nothing bad to say about that bow.
Old 09-14-2003, 05:22 AM
Fork Horn

love my thunderbolt !
Old 09-16-2003, 07:15 AM

The Tracer Mag is a nice bow, shoots very well. I had one for a couple of months, had to sell it because I couldn' t keep them all. Take a look at the new Martin Prowler also. It sells for a great price, and is a very nice hunting bow and was new for ' 03. I can' t comment on the Thunderbolt, but it sounds like you won' t go wrong either way. I' d shoot them if you can.