Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

BODOODLE RESTS ????

Old 09-05-2003, 08:27 PM

Default RE: BODOODLE RESTS ????

I shoped for a new rest this summer, the pro shop said the doodle was great. I did not care for the exposed spring and parts that could pick up dirt or leaves, grass, bark,...etc...while hunting...Went fot the $60 cavilier badger rest. every thing enclosed and It shoots like a dream. the owner of pro shop said he uses it on his bow and sells a few of them.[8D]
Old 09-05-2003, 09:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

I' ve shot Super Slams with a helical off the Pro 500 and Pro Lite without a clearance problem.

I' m currently shooting ACC' s with a slight offset.

Honestly, the side prong I simply remove. You can all but turn the bow sideways without the arrow falling off these prongs. I can honestly say, I' ll be using the Bodoodle Pro series for years to come on all my new bows.

And if Pinwheel12 is using them, you know they are good. [8D]
Old 09-05-2003, 10:25 PM

Well -I think Im going to order a Pro Light....... I like the idea of nothing mechanical myself............I did modify (without a kit) my GKF hunter rest - I made a drop away out of it... Im going to play with it tomorrow and see if I like it. SO FAR though..... I shot it tonight about 12 shots and its a pain in the rear.... WHY ? Because when the rest is down there is nothing to stabalize the arrow. I Know a lot of the drop aways have eliminated this problem but I like the idea that my arrow is SECURE and allways ready to shoot without chance of foul up........ mainly because I hunt in West Central Indiana - Big buckcountry, and I walk corn, so I want to KNOW when I draw I can shoot as soon as I get anchored..... I know all the MZE guys will say no problem and I agree on that rest... but too much hardware for me... so think Ill try a Pro......

Hey Rob, and others... how noisy are those things and how quick does that ' tape' I read about they include wear off ? What about micro adjustments ? I shoot 29.5" Gold Tip XT 5575' s with 100 grain heads...... will the Doodle hold them up ok ??
Old 09-09-2003, 09:54 AM
Typical Buck

eightwgt,

I use the Pro-500 on my hunting bow.
It' s a great rest.
I consider it one of the 3 best rests made.
The other two being the GKF Infiniti and Pro Tuner.
You can get the Pro Tuner with a Bodoodle style launcher.

Sag.

Old 09-09-2003, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have any of you bodoodle fans had an opportunity to play with their zapper series of rests?

If so, what were your thoughts?

If not, what do you think of them just buy looking at them?

Bodoodle says their superior to other containment rests as the speed fins don' t affect paralax to the degree others such as the whisker biscuit and shoot out do. They also say they can be tuned to pinpoint accuracy out to 70 yards...

I came so close to buying one for use this fall. Had the order form made out and everything. Just didn' t pull the trigger...
Old 09-09-2003, 11:22 AM
Typical Buck

Rangeball,

Haven' t tried one but it looks like a really great rest for hunting.
Contains the arrow like the Whisker Biscuit except with metal fins instead of synthetic bristles.
It looks far more rugged and should last much longer than the Biscuit!
You may be on to something there.
There have been other rests like this in the past and present but this one looks way better built than others.

Sag.

Old 09-09-2003, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really want to try it, but keep reading conflicting reports of it' s effectiveness. Some say easy to tune, others not. Some say quiet, others noisy. Some say tears up fletch, others say fine clearance...

I had it in my hand at a Gander Mountain awhile back, was really suprised at it' s size, much smaller in real life than the pics seem to relay. Something just keeps preventing me from having a go at it...
Old 09-09-2003, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am in the market for new rest as well. But these rest look very loud to draw back on. Is there any type of silencing method you guys use to silence them.
Old 09-09-2003, 01:42 PM
Fork Horn

Shooting a Bo Doodle Zapper 400HP out of my 03" Cybertec @ 80lbs.
You know I had a hard time tuning my Cybertec but it wasnt the Bows fault it was my lack of knowledge about the new C.5. Once I learned it was a snap. I think this is the reason alot of good products get bad reviews.

Anyway. The zappers accuracy is excellent I' ve shot out to 90yds with great accuracy. Yes the bare rest is a little loud, but nothing the teflon tape provided, shrink tubing(will change poi), teflon coating, or Hard as Nails, wont fix.

I have never lost one fletching due to the rest.

At this point I wouldnt hunt with any other rest, its just to accurate, easy and fool proof.
Old 09-09-2003, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whitetails&Muskies and 2droptines, what arrows are you guys flinging?

I' m shooting an ACC 3/49, and am torn between deciding to go with the 300 or 400 series. Tech info states 300 for 399 grains and down, 400 for all weights above 400 grains, but when I called Bodoodle a while back, they recommended the 400 over the 300 at any arrow weight.

I' m concerned the 400 may give me more fletch contact issues over the 3 prong 300, but may shoot a heavier arrow in the future, and don' t want to have to buy another rest just to change...

Quick Reply: BODOODLE RESTS ????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.