Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Qabout string leech

Old 09-01-2003, 10:06 AM

Default Qabout string leech

have any yall tryed the string leech. i tryed the old ones and it slowed my bow down a lot . some one told me the new ones dont slow down speed that much . l mow have cat whiskers on
Old 09-01-2003, 11:32 AM

Default RE: Qabout string leech

The leaches slow my bow down about 6 fps. and they don' t last that long.

with that said though they are the best at silencing the string imo - and I will use them hunting.
Old 09-01-2003, 01:01 PM

Although I think Sims products are great and that the leeches definitely quiet a bow string, they are trouble if one of them disappears off the string.[:@]
Old 09-01-2003, 01:23 PM

Len,

Do the new ones hold up better than the ones of old?

last year my old Leeches blew off after a few shots.
Old 09-01-2003, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have used both the old ones and the new stealth leeches and like them a lot. I feel they are the best at silencing the string. I never had a problem with them not holding up. They will eventually blow off, but I had my last set on for close to 6 months before coming apart. I just put the new ones on, so I' ll have to see how much better they work. I haven' t noticed a difference in sound deadening in them however.

As far as speed, the leeches wont drain your speed nearly as much as other forms of silencers.
Old 09-01-2003, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' ve used the last 3 versions of the String Leech. Each was slightly more duable then the next. The last and newest version, the Stealth Leech is dramatically more durable! When installing them, don' t slide them or you will shorten their life.

Good Luck!
Old 09-01-2003, 10:18 PM

When ya' ll install your string leeches, do you serve them in? I have read different things, and wanted to get your opinions. I have read somewhere that you should serve the top leech below and the lower leech above. Has anyone else heard this? Or do you just put them in the string? Thanks.
Old 09-02-2003, 03:32 AM

Rack-Atack,Your loseing 6 fps. ??.WOW, Thats alittle high.I have found that I only lose 3 fps.,and thats with leeches on the cables as well.
There should' nt be any reason to serve them in, as long as your string has twists in it,wich I' m sure it does.The trick to " long life" for your leeches is to make sure you have them as far down the string as you can get them.Thats on BOTH ends.
They might not be as " effective" but on my SQ2 I can' t notice a differance,,and they last ALOT longer[:-]
Old 09-02-2003, 07:20 AM

Droptines - Yep, 6 fps.

I shoot a 375 grn arrow - so this will be effected more than a heavier arrow.

I also have them closer to the center - as I feel this helps with noise.

Thats with both of them on - but I also shoot with just one on - and seems to do almost as good - with less fps loss - just wait for one to fly off

But with both its around 6 fps for me.
Old 09-03-2003, 11:31 AM

First things first,if you put ONE string leech above the peep on your string only,you will not lose any speed.Second,if you take the black electrical tape and cut it a quarter of an inch wide and wrap the leech (where the string goes),your string will not cut though the leech.Wrap them 4-5 times around,trust me this works! I use the Stealth leeches with no probelms....Bob

Quick Reply: Qabout string leech

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.