Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Qabout string leech

Old 09-04-2003, 04:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Qabout string leech

I use the string Leeches on my Parker Ultra Lite 31, 50-60lbs.
When I used a Zebra String I had no need to serve the leeches in and they lasted close to a year, but the string just had to much strech for my liking.
I replaced the Zebra String with a Stone Mountain Dakota Prestreched String and found that I needed to serve them on the string other wise they were prone to slide up and down on the string. They dont last a month with the current setup but the nose reduction job they do is worth it for me.
I did do a differing placement on the string this year , I was having the problem of the lower leech catching on the chest of my cloths and messing with the shot and tearing the end off the leech, So I went with a double leech on the top served in slightly about a 3/4 of an inch apart and its working out well so far.
I have been a happy camper with the Sims Vibration Laboratory product lineup to date, even got the new Sims product that you place on the front of the riser at the grip ( makes it so your finger during cold hunting are touching the sims product and not the cold riser )for free at the ASA Cabelas Championship Classic in Alabama , I simply asked if they were selling there products there and they said NO they were just there for display but the booth across from them was selling there products, but they didnt have that paticular product I told the Sims Rep so he told me to go ahead and just take the one they had for free, Happy Camper
Old 09-04-2003, 07:09 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-04-2003, 08:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would agree that the leeches are the best material out there for quieting the string. However, I am really sick and tired of replacing them. Some of them last a while and some only a few shots. I have gone back to worry free rubber cat whiskers.
Old 09-04-2003, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

This may sound crazy, but I' ve found that the " gellin' insoles" from dr scholls make GREAT silencers. I just cut them in 2" strips and served them into my string. $10 for 2 insoles that will cut many silencers, and plus, the tops are great for puttin on the riser' s shelf.
Old 09-05-2003, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds interesting Josh, Ill have to try that some day. I love to play around with and find new stuff that works