Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Anyone NOT useing a string loop ?

Old 09-01-2003, 05:14 AM

Default Anyone NOT useing a string loop ?

Just thought I would ask[]After shooting my freinds bow off the string, and feeling comfortable with a draw that was/is an inch longer than my norm,I can' t help but wonder, " what if" ??.You guys with long arms,would' nt understand.
I do remember seeing Jackie Caudal shooting off the string in the Great Outdoors Games,in Lake Placid.He shot GREAT,,,and won it.[]
Old 09-01-2003, 06:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Anyone NOT useing a string loop ?

I never used one since I shot fingers, Then started using a release so I put one on. Took my bow to have a new string put on and (I' ll call him my friend ) the pro at the shop didn' t put one back. When I enquired about it I was told that I would be better off without it and would only have to replace the serving periodicaly. And I' ll be darned he was right. Works for me I hope it works for you. I guess to each their own,plus I think it adds about 2-3 fps without one. Ps haven' t the need to replace the serving yet.
Old 09-01-2003, 09:54 AM

I used one for about a year & never saw any improvement in my groups. Even after a year of shooting with it, I still had to take my eyes off the target to set my release. If I was abit clumsy, I' d even sometimes push the arrow off the string while trying to set my release. If you get one, same as with anything - practice, practice, practice.
(Then, rip it off & KISS (Keep It Simply Simple) it goodbye)
John
Old 09-01-2003, 10:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

I shot a loop for awhile. About as long as I shot release, as a matter of fact. But, standing in front of a mirror, I did see that unless I put a nockset below the nock, between the nock and the bottom knot in the loop, then my release was pulling back ABOVE the arrow. The nockset brought my release down, more in line with the arrow shaft, plus it kept the bottom knot from sliding up and pinching the arrow nock. I was shooting tight groups anyway, but the improvement was still noticeable.

I' ve watched some guys shooting short bows without a loop and I don' t know what in the world keeps them from dryfiring their bows. When they get drawn, the string is barely inside the arrow' s nock. It' s in on the topside of the nock, angled through it, and the nock is just barely on the string at the bottom side, if it' s contacting at all. The arrow is obviously getting full power from the string on the topside with no contact at all on the bottom. What keeps the arrow going straight is a mystery to me.

At least a loop keeps the string in full contact with the throat of the nock.
Old 09-01-2003, 11:00 AM

I shoot off the string. Mostly because the added length of the loop, no matter how short, caused me all sorts of issues. Draw length is VERY important to good shooting.

I have a new module on the way to shorten my bow an inch and I' m going to try the loop again.
Old 09-01-2003, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

I don' t shoot a loop. My bow is 36 1/2" axle to axle so I am on the edge of possibly needing one. As long as I don' t need one I won' t. I don' t see how anyone shooting a short bow could feel safe not using one.
Old 09-01-2003, 11:32 AM

I don' t shoot one either. Accuracy is just fine.
Old 09-01-2003, 01:14 PM

No loop for me. Just eliminator buttons and a soft nock.
Old 09-01-2003, 02:15 PM

I will not write very much I will just say that I agree 100% with Arthur P. I do find I can shoot off of a loop with my chappy boss I just connect the talon head right on the loop but I anchor differant with that style of release and it does not pull up on the bottom of the arrow. When I shoot a caliper style of release I prefer to shoot right off of the string I feel for myself it is much easier to hook up when the heat is on.

cebpa
Old 09-01-2003, 02:20 PM

Love the " loop."

I use a metal nock aligner on string between loop ends. Nock stays full square to the string on draw. No string torgue, and far, far less string " twang."

Without fail, I would blow servings after shooting numerous strings. Have not had to replace a broken serving since using the loop.

Quick Reply: Anyone NOT useing a string loop ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.