Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Anyone NOT useing a string loop ?

Old 09-05-2003, 07:06 PM

Default RE: Anyone NOT useing a string loop ?

I happen to notice that those Signature nocks,,not the Super uni nock,have a nock recess built in.NICE,,perfect for shooting off the string !!!.
Old 09-05-2003, 09:01 PM

Yes, young Droptines, Come over to the Dark Side![>:][>:][>:]

No strings attached
Old 09-05-2003, 11:55 PM

Pinwheel 12 is right about the draw length.
Imagine if your anchors were the tip of your nose, and corner of your mouth (kisser for some). Adding a string loop doesn' t change ANY of that...just how far back your elbow is at full draw. Your elbow should be moving straight back on the shot, so 3/4" -1" shouldn' t make much differance...it' s still going straight back.
I like a loop because it should give beter arrow flight, is easier on your strings, keeps arrow on the string...even after drawing and letting down a few times, and it acts as a string silencer.
It doesn' t take me ANY longer to use a loop than shooting off the string. I use a thumb release...click it on the loop as soon as I am in the stand...it' s ready to go at all times, leaving my hands free for rattling or calls.
I do however use JUST a loop. no extra nocks or anything to space it. My loop is on so tight that to move it you have to spin it on the serving...and even that is tough.
I don' t worry at all about the loop pinching the string...I draw, let down, and check...NO problem at all. When you are at full draw, the loop may be pinching the arrow, but as the string moves forward, you are loosing the sharp angle of the string...this has the effect of pulling the loop away from the arrow nock (even if VERY slightly) so when the arrow actually LEAVES the string, it is no longer pinched.
Some shoot " fine" without a loop...I just know that the loop is more " forgiving" (I really hate that word...but you know what I mean).
Old 09-09-2003, 04:46 PM
Typical Buck

I' ve always shot off the string.
Old 09-09-2003, 09:55 PM

AGAIN,,YES,,,AGAIN I had a friends bow to shoot.I took my friends Baby G over to the club to give it a little tune up,,if it needed it.He was' nt sure,so I jumped at the chance to shoot his BEAST.Well,,I have to tell you,VERY decent shooting bow,,,for a bow with a BH under 5.5" ,,I handeled it VERY well,,no slap ,,no drips,no runs,,,and NO string loop [:-]" EL NATUREL" []I can see me 2004 MATHEWS now,,,28" draw
Old 09-09-2003, 11:45 PM

I have shot off the string for over 20 years with various releases. I allways use an eliminator button and tied in nock and have never had a dryfire because the arrow fell off the string. I get very minimal wear on my servings while using caliper releases and accuracy and tuning is easy. I have owned and shot bows as short as 33 inches ATA with a 29.5 inch draw with no problems. Just recently I shot a friends bow a few times with his release and loop on the string and it felt like I was pulling more on the top limb than the bottom, very weird feeling. Kinda like putting your bow hand lower on the grip than you should[]