Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Anyone NOT useing a string loop ?

Old 09-01-2003, 08:09 PM

Default RE: Anyone NOT useing a string loop ?

Man,I just erased my whole last response,,,SONOFABITCHCHCHCHHC!@#$%^&*()Later[:@]
Old 09-01-2003, 09:03 PM

I have added a Loop and new badger rest, new cables.. shoots much better, I use a scott release. I can now make shots to 35 yards with the confidance of a 20 yard shot. This is on a Golden Eagle Evolution Pro.@ 55lb. about five years old. I had a plunger type rest before and tryed fingers..forget it..Also Without the loop there is pressure aginst the nock and may cause problems. Many just learn to correct this by diffent habits. This is not correctting the problem. a proper made loop should not affect arrow length. I have found that a new anchor point may have to be found. and it ended up being more comfitabile. Change your loop every year! Its cheap and safe.
Old 09-01-2003, 09:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Do not use one myself.
Old 09-01-2003, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

No loop here! I have a 34" ATA bow, pinch isn' t a problem. String wear isn' t a problem.(on my bow, some may have) I have 28" draw, I didn' t want to make it 27" ! All I have is one nock set, then the arrow, then the release, no eliminator button. While hunting I can put that release on the string in a split second, and slide that baby up to the arrow and I' m set, its fast! Less stuff on your string, a plus! Don' t get me wrong, loops work, but you can shoot accuratley without them.

Good Luck!
Old 09-02-2003, 03:52 AM

Alot MORE guys than I thought shoot off the string[]This is really makeing me stop and think.What is the speed gain for one more inch of power stroke ??.
Any of you guys out there know ??.I think it' s around 5 to 8 fps.???not sure.
If I shot off the string I could go up to a 28" draw,GREAT !.I could also use 80% let off, and not see a speed reduction over my 27" inch bow,with 65% let off.THIS TOO IS A GOOD THING [:-].When I shoot a friends bow,that has 80% let off, I LOVE it.It blows my mind how many guys on this board scoff at the idea of useing a bow w/80% let off.I don' t get it []I could care less how the POPE and YOUNG organization feels about my choice in hunting equipment.Is it REALLY that hard to get off a good shot,inside normal hunting range,with a bow having another 10 to 15 % reduction in holding weight ???.
Old 09-02-2003, 05:11 AM
Typical Buck

Loops do not affect drawlength. They affect anchor. Your correct drawlength is your correct drawlength, regardless of what style you shoot--fingers, short release, long release, under nock, loop, whatever. If you lengthen your drawlength by an inch to " get it back to your anchor point" after removing a loop, then you are running too long of a drawlength and accuracy will suffer because you will be stretched out and everything is not in correct alignment for the best repeatable accuracy.

I shot off the string for many years when I shot fingers and then first started shooting release. Then I went to a rope release which allowed better shooting characteristics because there was less torque imparted onto the string. I had to change my anchor because of it, and I had to adjust my anchor, but it quickly came around. I changed to a loop about 10 years ago, and have never looked back. They have many attributes once set-up properly and are much more forgiving. I set mine up with a tied-in nockset both above and below the arrow nock (not too tight, you want to give the arrow a bit of space for full draw, at least 1/16 at rest between bottom of arrow nock and bottom nockset will do) Then I throw the loop above and under them. This sets up the loop to be in line with the arrow, and will not " cinch" the arrow like a straight loop will do and cause erratic arrow flight. If you ever happen to pull through one in the field, with the two nocksets install you have quick reference points and can change one out in less than a minute. No wear on serving from release jaws, string maintenence is minimal. No torque, no eliminator buttons, no rubber-tube peep. (You can use a tru-peep and it will come around perfectly with little diddling. This picks up about 15 fps just by eliminating the tube) yes, there are reasons why most archers shoot a loop now.

I set-up archers with both loops and no-loops. It is one of those things that is a personal preference issue. But I can tell you that the loop does have it' s place, and when setup correctly works extremely well. Good shooting, Pinwheel 12
Old 09-02-2003, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don' t use a loop either. Pinwheel said it....it' s not drawlength, it' s anchor. I' ve always shot off the string with no problems. I tried a loop a couple years ago and could never get comfortable with my anchor, so I went back to just shooting off the string. Whatever works for you and you are comfortable with...do it.
Old 09-02-2003, 07:13 AM

i don' t use a loop ,i do however use a rope release

Old 09-02-2003, 08:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Actually, I just switched to using a loop this past year...as per Jeff' s urging. I did somewhat of a noticeable increase in accuracy but this thread has me longing for the opportunity to shoot off the string again.
Old 09-02-2003, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Off the string too, better for anchor point.

Quick Reply: Anyone NOT useing a string loop ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.