Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arrow Wraps

Old 08-28-2003, 07:39 PM

Default Arrow Wraps

Does anyone use Arrow wraps? Do they have any negative effects on flight? Do they help seeing the arrow?
Old 08-28-2003, 07:50 PM

Default RE: Arrow Wraps

YES

NO

YES

Old 08-28-2003, 08:18 PM

I agree with Rack. In fact I didn' t use them until I saw his handy work earlier this year (at least I think it was him). I tried them toward the end of summer and depending on if I have any when it' s time to refletch I will put them on. I don' t use them on my hunting arrow, but don' t see how they would hurt if I did.
B
Old 08-29-2003, 05:45 AM

I use them and make my own. I work as a graphic designer and designed my own logo for use on my wraps and numerous other designs for my hunting buddies wraps. I used to work for a sign company and found out that the material that eze-eye and the other companies use is nothing more than the 2 mil premium vinyl I used while working for that sign company. So I got them to print my designs on the vinyl. We got 16 dozen wraps for $95 wich equates to $6 a dozen you cnat get wraps any cheaper with printing on them. My buddy went to the local sign shop and got a scrap piece of vinyl for 5 bucks and managed to get about 5 dozen wraps out of it. They are great. They really help you see your arrow in flight, and have no negative affects on flight. They only weigh between 7 and 12 grains depending on the size you use. Mine weigh 10 grains. Another added bonus is that they help your fletching stick better for some reason and also when it is time to take damaged fletching off there is alot less scraping to do. I' ll post some pics of the designs I did when I get a chance.
Old 08-29-2003, 10:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Pa,that is exactly what I did today.

I got the plain white and a 1 ft. piece cost 3 bucks(2 dozen wraps),OUCH .I also got the reflective material,it is thicker and heavier but actually was what I needed to get my foc back in order with my stingers,since going to feathers. 5 bucks for it.They weigh 20 grains when cut to size.

I am done whith buying the expensive stuff,even if the design I like isn' t available.
Old 09-02-2003, 05:47 AM

sorry to here it cost you so much. If you want I could get you some at the price I get them at and if you want I could do a design for ya if you want, just email me and let me know. I am placing an order today for the archery shop I go to. I did a custom design for them. Just let me know as soon as you can.
Old 09-05-2003, 09:11 AM
Typical Buck

hey PA hardwoods. could i order some from ya? email me if you get a chance

[email protected]
Old 09-06-2003, 09:19 AM

PA hardwoods,

That price is great considering here in New jersey I have to pay $19.99 for a dozen eze crest. I have a sign store close by, what thickness are your wraps? My only complaint with the current wraps is that they are too short, when I dipped my shafts I always made the dip at least 10" long.
thanks ,
Bmott
Old 09-08-2003, 05:29 AM

Bmott, the vinyl I get is 2 mil premium vinyl. And I can get them to cut it any size I want, but the size I get is 7" long by 1.325" high. But i' m sure they can cut it any size you want. I' m actually thinking about starting my own side business making these arrow wraps. I ran some numbers and I think I can do custom designed wraps for alot cheaper than eze-eye sells their limited selection of wraps for. And I also was thinking of doing a line of wraps for those who don' t want custom designed wraps just like eze-eye and the other companies making them but at about half the cost. What do you guys think of this idea, let me know I' m just testing the waters right now to see if their would be enough interest.
Old 09-08-2003, 08:43 AM

My question is what are these wraps put on the arrow shafts with. If it glue , then what type ?

Quick Reply: Arrow Wraps

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.