Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arrow Wraps

Old 09-08-2003, 09:06 AM

Default RE: Arrow Wraps

the wraps are adhesive backed, just like a bumper sticker but it is much thinner and only weighs in the neighborhood of 10 grains. No glue required that is the greatest thing about them. It only takes 3 seconds, literaly to put one on an arrow.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:44 AM

what if you used the vinyl from a sign shop. Does that just stick on or would you have to use something to stick it on with.
Old 09-08-2003, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I' ve never understood how a wrap can help you track arrow flight when viewed from the rear unless you' re getting funky flight...
Old 09-08-2003, 11:34 AM

bearlot, vinyl from a sign shop is exactly what I use. Used to work for a sign company and found that the 2mil premium vinyl used for lettering vehicles and making other signs is the exact same thing as what eze-eye uses to make their wraps. In fact I get mine made at the sign shop I used to work at. And it does just stick on.

Rangeball, to answer your question, I use it to see where I hit the deer after impact, (As it runs away) not to track the arrow in flight. It also makes it easier to see what kind of blood I am getting from the wound area since I shoot black and camo carbons , (IE heart, lung, kidney, and the dreaded gut shot.)
Old 09-08-2003, 01:24 PM

Thanks PA Hardwoods
Old 09-08-2003, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I recently got a dozen arrows with the wraps. I used to dip my own arrows years ago, but it was just too much of a pain. These wraps are really cool, and seem easy to apply, but if you have to refletch them chances are you will bugger them up and have to replace them.Also if you hit them with another arrow they tear easily. Not very durable overall IME. Lacquer dipping lasts much longer and is easier to get torn fletches off, but as I said, a pain in the wazoo.

Next year If can find the time, I might dip and crest some again. I do like using them to see arrow placement whether on game or in a just in a bag/3D target

Old 09-08-2003, 07:29 PM

Eze-crest is heavy, about 10 grains. I cut them to 5.75 inches ( about 8 grains )
Badlands crest is light about 6 grain, no need to cut.
Hand cresting is the best looking and I like personal look, but it is hard to clean, ( about 10 grain.

Advice, I shoot PSE carbon 300 Competition Pro and I like add extra weight.
Eze-crest ( I love this one, color does not come off and it is easy to take it off) plus 4 inch vanes from Dura Van or Easton they add extra weight I want.
My shaft weights 415 grain at 28.25 of lenght. It gives me about 12 FOC %.
This year my color is all orange.
Vodek
Old 09-09-2003, 05:09 AM

I have never weighed the wraps I get made for me but I figure they are NO heavier than EZE-Eye' s wraps, in fact since mine I think happen to be a little thinner they are probably lighter, closer to 8 grains and I don' t have all of the fades and stripes like most mine are just white with a small black logo. I' ll have to post some pics of the ones I have gotten made this year.
Old 09-09-2003, 08:08 AM

I use the wraps every now and then. I got some scrap pieces from a print shop. The only down fall that I found is when you have to refletch a single arrow you have to strip all three vanes and the wrap and redo it. It is great if you have the time to do it.

PA Hardwoods, I would be very interested to see what you have for designs. I did some designs in Illustrator, but I could not find anyone that could print them without smudging or running.
Old 09-09-2003, 08:39 AM

UpNorth,
I' ll take some pics with my digital cam tonight of the designs I have done already. I also have quite a few that I didn' t get done for one reason or another. The company I use is Fast Signs, They are a national chain, But each store is privately owned. I actually used to work at the store I get mine done at. They have a machine called The EDGE it is made by Gerber and it prints on the vinyl through a heat transfer type process . Which then makes the wraps weather proof. Ask around to see if anyone near you has this machine. They use this same process to do photos of a person or the such you would see on a delivery van. It has an outdoor life of 5 to 7 years and that is being exposed to the elements all the time.
It is a pain to take all of the fletching off and the wrap but and easy way that I found is to use a hair dryer to heat the shaft and it makes the wrap come off much easier, and I have even heard of people who dip their old wraps in boiling water to make them easier to take off.
But one trick I have found in putting them on is to put them in the freezer for about 10 minutes and then apply them, this makes the vinyl easier to handle, if it is too hot it makes them a nightmare to put on, lots of airbubbles and the wrap wants to stick to everything.

Quick Reply: Arrow Wraps

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.