Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Nock Question

Old 04-05-2012, 02:14 PM
Spike

Default Nock Question

I just bought some Nockturnal nocks and some Rage 2 blade mechanicals for Turkey hunting this spring. I am trying to make sure my bow is all dialed in before it's time for action. My question is that I put the Nockturnal nocks in 1 of my arrows. . . my best shooting arrow. The others i left them how i had them for target shooting and i think that the arrows are falling a little bit lower before they were dead on. So what is my next step how do I get it back to shooting tight groups. I am new to archery so this may be a stupid question. But a wise man once said "You didn't know how to wipe your ass until somebody showed ya." So throw me a bone.

Thanks for the help

PS. The Nockturnals weigh 21 grams, The regular Eastons nocks that were on before weigh 13 grams.

Last edited by BTAssassin; 04-05-2012 at 02:49 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:09 PM
Spike

I replied to your other thread too, but if you are set on using the Nockturnals I would try and find some practice nocks that weigh the same.

When I was shooting firenocks they included practice nocks that weighed the same as the actual firenock.

Adding 10 grains on the one arrow will make it fly different than the lighter arrows.

I really liked the firenocks, but have since switched to blaze orange fobs with a fluorescent orange arrow wrap, it sticks out about as much as the firenocks did.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:22 AM
Spike

Hey thanks for the response. I would of thought some more people had some things to say about this. My next question is if I am consistently low about a 2-3" what do I do? Do I adjust the sights just a hair up orrrrr something with the rest? I'm new to this whole thing.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:20 PM
Spike

Are your broadhead equipped arrows shooting lower than field points, or are your groups just low in general from your point of aim?

If your groups are lower than your point of aim I would just adjust your sight.

There is a good sticky above about walk back tuning, and there are some good videos on youtube about broadhead tuning check them out, and they should get you started in the right direction.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:44 PM
Spike

wish you were able to get it worked out!
Old 04-26-2012, 11:29 AM
Spike

I use Nocturnals. No difference in my flight out to 50 yards. My original GT nocks weigh 11.4 grains, Nocturnals weigh 20 grains. A difference of only 8.6 grains is VERY small and should not change your POI if the bow is tuned.

NC
Old 05-01-2012, 03:50 AM
Spike

Wish everything will be OK... I have no any IDEA for this time...