Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

What do I need to do?

Old 08-25-2003, 08:47 AM

Default What do I need to do?

I' m new to bowhunting and love it. I bought me a Fred Bear Epic Extreme last season and love it. I shoot about 4 to 5 times a week and shot from the ground and stand. My question is this: I shoot beman ICS arrows and I have noticed that the fletching has black marks on them. What do I need to do? The bow is on target and I noticed this and want to fix it if I can. Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance. Paul
Old 08-25-2003, 09:51 AM

Default RE: What do I need to do?

What rest?

What type of fletching - length / offset / helical?
Old 08-25-2003, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

They' re not barred feathers, are they?

Sorry, couldn' t resist...

Like Rack said, need more info... are you shooting groups? Arrows whacking each other in the target?
Old 08-25-2003, 11:26 AM

i am shooting veins, they are grouping together perfect, not hitting each other or flying erratic thats what i don' t understand. I just want to keep my veins a lil clean lol. Seriiously i know it is coming into contact somewhere i' m just trying to figure it out.
Old 08-25-2003, 11:40 AM
Typical Buck

Coat rest, rised, and cables with spray on powder. it will rub off where contact is made but if they are grouping well and where you are aiming you should remember on important thing; it is and has been one of my all time favorites since college . . . " If it ain' t broke don' t fix it." [&:]
Old 08-25-2003, 02:59 PM

I am new to bowhuning and i don' t want to sound picky i just want to learn all i can about tuning my bow. I just noticed that black on the veins and right away knew something was touching somehwere so i want to try and fix it. Thanks for everyones input so far.
Old 08-25-2003, 05:09 PM

i would say there hitting your forks . try turning your nocks and see what happens.