Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Carbon express durability versus others

Old 08-25-2003, 08:22 AM
CWB

Default Carbon express durability versus others

I have been shooting Carbon Express 300 arrows lately, they do not seem to be very durable. If I hit and nock they almost always split or crack out. I changed points to a dull bullet type target point and they will glance off the nock but the shafts still cracks even though the nock did not crack. Also they do not seem to hold up very long at all from other arrows hitting or sliding besides them. I had shot Bemans ICS since they first came out and they seemed to stand up to all kinds of abuse, I never had one crack out at the nock end and I broke a ton of nocks on them. I had one crack out in 3 years of abuse from another arrow hitting the side. What other brands of carbons can take a little abuse with out cracking so easily? I don' t like the graphics on the new ICS ( I crest my arrows) and the (leaf design does not go with my crest) I was thinking of Goldtips or PSE arrows. What have you guys found that works the best for you? Thanks for your input!
Old 08-25-2003, 08:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Carbon express durability versus others

I was just the opposite. After using CE for several years I ended up switching to the Bemans. I would totally agree with your comments. After using the Bemans for about a year I can honestly say that they are standing up better to abuse than the CEs did, especially in regard to splitting at the nock end.

However, many folks use the ACC nock adaptors on the back of the various ICS carbons in order to give it further strength in that area.