Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Straightness tolerance of Beman ICS

Old 08-24-2003, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Straightness tolerance of Beman ICS

Anyone know what the straightness tolerance is of the Beman ICS camo hunters are? I was looking on their site, but can' t find the specs. I' m thinking of giving them a test since they seem to be a little heavier and I am looking for a little more weight.
Old 08-24-2003, 08:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Straightness tolerance of Beman ICS

The ics hunters are straight within .002 if I am correct
Old 08-25-2003, 04:29 AM

GULFCOAST, I think your a little low []If I remember correctly,I read .004,in some other puplication,catalog or web site.I' m almost positive on this one.I just picked up a 1/2 dozen of the ICS(no-camo)shafts a week ago.I was happy to find they ALL spin very strait.No wobble can be detected with the naked eye,so if they are .002 or .006,,I don' t care, they fly GREAT.I' m also sure the deer won' t mind.[:-]
Old 08-25-2003, 04:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Though I had thought it was .003, the .004 sounds familiar to me for some reason. Jeff would know.
Old 08-25-2003, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Beman does not advertise straightness tolerances. I had to fax them to get an answer, which while informative was not really exacting.

You are pretty much looking at around .005 per inch as an average. However they can have some serious run-out at one or both ends(see below). If you use a short arrow (28" or less), you can often cut from both ends and get something in the .003 to .004 range.

This is a quote from the Easton tech (not a customer service person) who answered my questions (I knew what I had found through my own testing but I really wanted to see what Beman/Easton had to say)

" Beman does not advertise their weight and straightness tolerances. It really depends on what model you get that will determine the weight and straightness
tolerances. In Beman the weight tolerances can range anywhere from +/-
5.0 to +/- 1.5 grains per dozen. The straightness can range from +/-.003 to +/-.014. Usually the lower costing shafts will have lower tolerances, but tend to be more consistent weight wise."

Hope that helps