Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Rocky Mountain Snyper field performance ?

Old 08-24-2003, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Rocky Mountain Snyper field performance ?

Just curious to anyone' s experience with the snyper mechanical. I' ve been trying them out and they fly very well, especially with my new bowtech. My concern is that I' ve been used to shooting Wasp Jackhammers which have a larger cutting diameter. The wasps have great stopping power. What about the snyper? Also, any comments on the Rocket steelhead or other mechanicals is welcomed. Thanks in advance.

Kelly
Old 08-25-2003, 05:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Rocky Mountain Snyper field performance ?

Kelly,

Good bunch of heads you chose to compare. Our resident broadhead expert " 5 shot" has done some extensive testing of the various expandable and exposed blade broadheads on the market today. I suggest using the search function to find some of his published results. I know he had the Snypers rated as the number 1 mechanical there for awhile but I am not sure if that changed since the last time I looked.

As for my experiences, I used the Snyper last year with good results. I prefer to use the Steelhead and Hammerhead because, in the case of the former, the more rugged design and, in the case of the latter, the larger cutting diameter.

Hope this helps.

Old 08-25-2003, 11:52 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-25-2003, 05:18 PM

i shot 2 deer with them last year 1 double lung and the tip curled on me it hit a rib going in.second deer straight down 1 lung and heart tip curled on this one to. i would say this would be a perfect head if they beeffed up the tip. this head is a no no for elk but whitetails it would worked fine entrance hole is one you got to see but exit hole not very big.
Old 08-25-2003, 08:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

I' m a diehard Muzzy fan and at one time, all but anti mechanical..

However after 5Shot' s broadhead testings, I was intriqued to use the then new Rocky Mountain Snypers and to say the least, the couple deer I shot with them, I was truly truly amazed at thier performance. The entrance holes were huge because of the mechanics behind the Snyper unlike some of the other open through the shot, the Snypers are actually wider at impact than while they set back through the shot. I was truly impressed.

5Shot also rated these heads very high for a mechanical....he' ll fill us in more when he stops by.
Old 08-26-2003, 03:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot my best buck with one. Like the others said, huge entrance holes and good sized exit hole. great blood trials and excellent preformance. They are still one of my favorite mechanical heads and a great choice for lower KE setups.
Old 08-26-2003, 05:19 AM

I only shot one deer with one. And I got a huge entry wound on a double lung hit. But I didn' t get a good bloodtrail.
And my tip and ferrule were bent beyond repair ![:@]