Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

no kisser,no peep

Old 08-26-2004, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: no kisser,no peep

I took off my peep early last week and I'm thankful I did. I have no plans to put it back on. I shoot with a kisser for my anchor point. I've been happy with the results so far. 6-8" groups at 40 yards right now but I'm sure that will improve.
Old 08-27-2004, 06:52 AM
Typical Buck

I never set up my bow with a peep. I started with a No-Peep (awesome device) and hunted with that last year. This year, to add that little bit more consistency I put a tied on nock to use as a kisser button. Between the two methods (kisser and No-Peep) I can smack my shafts together at 40 yards, and keep them all within an NFAA 5 spot face at 50.

I highly recomend a kisser button of some sort. It has helped my accuracy and consistency get to that next level I had been striving for.
Old 08-27-2004, 07:27 AM

welcome to the no peep club! i took mine off over 10 years ago and use the predator pendulum and kisser button for anchor.i could not see through the peep even after boring it out at sundown.
Old 08-28-2004, 10:51 AM
Fork Horn

I took my peep and kisser off last year and loved it. However, after 2 missed shots last season, I decided to put my kisser back on. As someone else mentioned, in the excitment of the moment the different angles and the short window of opprotunity (rushing the shot) I never felt like my anchor was the same. I will say that since I removed the peep I feel like I can focus on the sight pin and on the target, and have a better overall field of view.
Old 08-28-2004, 05:22 PM

Hey!!!! The Indians never had no stinkin' peeps!!! Maybe Custer would have had a chance though if they did