Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

5 Shot...We have a New Head to test...

Old 08-26-2003, 05:43 PM

Default RE: 5 Shot...We have a New Head to test...

i dont know if its been said already.. but maybe they use 5 shot as an unbaised tester.. GKF knows that if they get someone that doesnt get paid to campaign for their products and they impress him then they have proven themselves to the public saying " THis is a good product" he is medium for all the companies to use.. I dont know about you guys but I would rather hear it coming from another hunter how a product performed in self testing or self experience than a company.. because they are out to make the dollar but unless hes getting kickbacks(Im not saying you are 5 shot) i dont see why he would recommend one over the other..I think he is being as subjective as possible and recommends what exceeds expectations..
Im not saying anyone is wrong.. thats just my view of things..
and I blieve c903 is right also because no one knows how a product is going to perform until it is shot on real game..
Old 08-26-2003, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

5 Shot

I look forward to seeing your results and seeing this new broadhead from GKF.
Old 08-26-2003, 09:17 PM
Typical Buck

I would certainly consider any broadhead that 5 Shot recommends!
His tests are plenty good enough for me.
Hats off to GKF also!

Sag.

Old 08-26-2003, 10:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hey c903, since these tests are hype, just what exactly should we test broadheads on. We certainly don' t want to go out with a broadhead that has been untested in any way and test them on live animals do we? I mean how else can we test a broadhead but to actually shoot it into materials that would be tougher than anything that we would encounter on a live animal. If it will hold up in plywood and steel drums then it would certainly hold up in an animal.

I am really truely curious as to what you would use to test how a broadhead would fair in durability, penetration, sharpness, expansion.
Old 08-26-2003, 10:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man I am laughing so hard I almost p1ssed in my pants
Old 08-26-2003, 10:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have used the hornets and conducted my own 5shot test and ranked them right up there with the Deadheads and Muzzys
but I will let you hear it from 5 shot himself after he conducts his own test
this way you will know that you are getting an unbiased opinion.

Old 08-27-2003, 03:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

First let me thank all of you for your comments about my testing. I really appreciate them all. C3po has a right to his opinion, and he has been around long enough that we all know where he is coming from, I think Why would golden key want to send the heads to test? simple I am sure they are confident in the product. All I am intrested in is making sure that every good head gets it' s notice and that every bad head is exsposed. We all now the testing methods are crude at best, but after shooting over 80 differnt heads into this kind of stuff you get a feel for what is good and what' s not. You all know I try to keep things as consistant as I can, but I don' t have a " lab" with controled conditions. All things considerd I think the tests do a good job of comparing heads. Again thanks to everyone for their nice comments and C903 I will say one thing, you are consistant and persistant! You don' t happen to work for Crimson Talon do you?
Old 08-27-2003, 04:17 AM

Hey guys! New to the site. For the last couplpe of weeks I' ve been dreading
sighting in my new Parker E-Z draw for my tree stand. You see, untill I
read the posting about bending at the waist, I was having to sight in twice!
I tried it and it worked great!! Thanks for the advice.

Gene
Old 08-27-2003, 05:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

Not to sound argumentative but if I take an axe to a 2x4 and it splits it then cannot I use common sense to deduce that it will clearly cut/chop/slice through a softer material?

To further that line of thinking.....I would then guess that we cannot use either the AMO or IBO speed ratings as comparison markers between any two bows as they are not necessarily reflective of the exact setup that we are using?

So, if Bow A has a 240 fps AMO speed rating and Bow B has a 230 fps AMO speed rating then I cannot deduce that Bow A will be faster for me for any given setup?

I honestly believe that a little common sense needs to be applied here. If a broadhead cuts through steel, wood, rubber or any other type of material that it is shot through then I think we can deduce that it will effectively penetrate a deer' s body. Don' t you think?
Old 08-27-2003, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

" C903 I will say one thing, you are consistant and persistant! You don' t happen to work for Crimson Talon do you?"

No, I think he is the designer of the Rocket Ultimate steel that didn' t fare well with you but he really really wants to shoot it cause he can get them cheap so he needs to justify and rationalize why your tests aren' t fair and the head will really do ok on deer, which, hey, maybe it will, who knows?

Quick Reply: 5 Shot...We have a New Head to test...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.