Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

to drop or not to drop?

Old 08-28-2003, 12:11 AM

Default RE: to drop or not to drop?

Generally, you want your drop away to " top out" just as you hit the peak, and start into the valley. SOME people, wanting the drop away gone ASAP, will move this into the valley. When this is done, unless you ALWAYS shoot from the wall, the rest may be moving down before you release...hence shooting low, or inconsistantly.
My drop away works much the same as ChiefHeadhunter' s but mine uses a section of rubber tubing (NOT the crap some use for peep sights...much tougher, and resistant to UV) instead of a spring.
I attach mine directly to the buss cable instead of the cable slide. Works both ways.
If you " torque the string in some way" with a conventional rest, you get a very similar result. Being that unless your shooting with fingers, it' s pretty hard to torque the string without moving the rest of the bow (including your arrow rest) if you torque up the arrow will go up...left the arrow goes left. Your rest will in fact be making SURE that your arrow does NOT go straight, but follows the arrow rest that is being torqued. Simple answer...you can' t torque either style and expect accuracy.