Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

will this work?

Old 08-22-2003, 06:08 PM

Default will this work?

heys guys, need some info. i wanna start tuning my broadheads in and i was wondering if this would work. i have thunderheads and normally i take each body of the broadheads and put some old blades on to see how it shoots. after i shoot it i take the blades off and put them on another head. heres the question. can i just shoot the heads alone without the blades and get the same result. after awhile it gets really annoying changing blades. im asking u cause i dont wanna try it and possibly ruin a head and an arrow.

Scratchy
Old 08-22-2003, 06:39 PM

Default RE: will this work?

No. It will not be the same. You need the blades on them so you can tell if they are gonna plane on ya. If the heads aren' t perfectly lined up, and the bow not perfectly tuned, the blades will catch the wind more on one side and cause them to veer off. I usually keep a couple of arrows with old dull broadheads just for practicing with.
Old 08-22-2003, 06:57 PM
Typical Buck

I' m with Danny45.

My hunting and target arrows are matched. I have two retired Thunderheads that I use for practice. I usually retire arrows that have taken animals to target use only. I know it' s not very practical but it' s a thing with me.
Old 08-22-2003, 07:13 PM

The blades are what makes tuning them so much fun

Why would want to go and do a thing like that
Old 08-23-2003, 07:40 AM

I would have to agree with al the " No" answers. I shoot a 28 inch Gold Tip 3555 shaft with 4 inch feathers and a 90 grain Muzzy 3 fixed blade broadhhead At 60 lbs. I get almost identical results from them as I do from the same arrow with a field point. What I do to find a good starting point is look down the arrow shaft from the broadhead to the feathers and try to get them as perfectly in line with one another as possible. It' s alot easier to fine tune once you have a starting point.

Good Luck!!!