Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Fun with my Chrony...

Old 08-23-2003, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Fun with my Chrony...

Matt, if I wasn' t deathly allergic to cats, maybe we could talk...

Took the bottom (and only) string leech off, left white slide on, FPS jumped to 294 average on a 9 shot string... that' s with a 350 grain arrow.

WOO HOO!!!

Not bad for a 28" draw...

Bow seems just as quiet sans the leech, so they will stay off for now...
Old 08-25-2003, 05:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

294 with a 350 grain arrow? That is about what I would expect considering that they advertise only a 1-2 fps loss with their use. That TS must weigh quite a bit over 400 grains to slow down your arrow speed by close to 33 fps over what you were getting with the 400 grain arrow.

It is fun to play around with the chrono and different setups...isn' t it? I usually end up fooling with it during the winter months when I have more time on my hands...
Old 08-25-2003, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Frank, you lost me... TS?

You' re right. Playing with a chrony is very revealing... and fun

My bow is IBO rated at 318. Take off 20 fps for 2" shorter draw, and I should be getting 298. 294 is pretty close, and that' s with the TRU speed nock. A very easy to shoot and quiet 294 I might add...
Old 08-25-2003, 08:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

My apology...TH. Terminator Hunter

Only a 4 fps loss with a setup that close to IBO specs (minus the draw and string accessory) is definitely impressive. I have found it to be alot worse on some bows.

All this chrony talk has me itchin' to pull mine out this afternoon to shoot a few arrows through it. I still have not chronoed the Pat SC or Rhino.
Old 08-25-2003, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Frank, I told you a long time ago you should take a Diamond for a test drive

I brought my digital scale today. Soon I will know just what that TH weighs...
Old 08-25-2003, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

The verdict is in. The CE terminator hunter with a 100 grain tip weighed 500 grains, so it was putting out right at 70' #s of KE.

As far as being on spec, my ACCs were all within 1/2 a grain of each other. This was with the nock, uni-bushing, 3 4" feathers and insert only. Can' t say enough good things about these arrows...

Added the 100 grain tip to my ACC for a 375 grain arrow. With the white slide, no leeches it averaged 288 fps. Since they also fly to the same point with this head, I' m thinking about going with the 100 grain head I' ve been looking at. Can' t tell you what it is until I buy them, as they' re in limited supply and you' ll all want them

Well, maybe not Arthur...
Old 08-26-2003, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Interesting read. My chrony stays out on my patio and gets " turned on" quiet often.
Aside from being fun to play with, they will drive you crazy[&:] on occasion. Beware the # are sometimes smaller than we wish they' d appear!!
Old 08-26-2003, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Beware the # are sometimes smaller than we wish they' d appear!!
Not if you are shooting a Bowtech [&:][:-]

(or a Bowtech cam in RB' s case )
Old 08-27-2003, 12:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh, but I am. Oh, but I am.................
Where I lack in speed I make up for it in KE.

Is 266 fast enough (65# pull 438 gr arrow)?
I guess it will have to do this year

Hmm, but I did just get some extra $$ for a 5 year service award, maybe some Beman 400' s are in order so I can also play the speed game??
Old 08-27-2003, 06:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

All this talk of ACCs might make go get those 3-71s that Jeff sent me out so I can start smackin' nocks....

Now I have to go chrono those bows so I can throw some impressive KE and speed numbers around like the rest of you folks.

Quick Reply: Fun with my Chrony...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.